I made a mistake.

Old October 15th 04, 02:48 AM
Allyson Brown

Koki.
1) Take piles of fabric that are sitting here and there, put in box and mail
to me.
2) Take clock off wall, no need to monitor the time when you're quilting,
then there'll be more space for shelving all the way across.
3) Per someone else's idea, your stash that's not part of a WIP or UFO could
go elsewhere in the house. Have you seen those great underbed storage
containers?? You could probably store stash under every kid's bed and they'd
never know it was there.
Everyone else's ideas are awesome! Let us see a picture afterwards!!
allyson in ON

"~KK in BC~" wrote in message
I really goofed up. I made the mistake of lingering too long in some of

your
signature links. What I saw were some sewing spaces, palaces to me!!! Oh

how
I long for one of those. I need more now.... MORE MORE MORE!! Anyone who

has
a sewing space with pictures and can share can ya please??

I have an itty bitty space, about 5x6 or so in a corner beside the washer
and dryer and right in the path of the bathroom.... sometimes with all

these
teenagers I own it is not in my nose's best interest to sew!

What I am in dire need of is ideas. I need stash storage ideas. I need to
find a way to have a design wall. I need to get my stuff put in a place so

don't have to move it all the time..... I need a bigger house..... better
yet I need a whole new place JUST for sewing!!! (hey, if I am going to
dream, it will be a BIG dream gosh darn it!)

Anyway, I managed to get a picture of my space in my webshot album.

Any/all
ideas would be welcomed for ideas of storage and design wall etc etc... I
know there has to be some solution for me?? right?? huh??
.................................................. . I HEAR YOU

BREATHING!!!!
sigh

~KOKI~

--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
http://community.webshots.com/user/koffeekupz

'The road to success
is not a path you find,
but a trail you blaze.'
-- Robert Brault

Old October 15th 04, 02:58 PM
ginmaru

" Ellison" wrote in message om...
Howdy!
That snow was just the one day this year. Typical in north Texas,
it was mostly melted the next day. g
The floor looks especially nice w/ the new 1917 Singer treadle
Judy/RQ sent home with me last week. G

Ragmop/Sandy--Queen of the Beggars (I hang w/ the right crowd!) ;-P

I hadn't even begun to envy your Singer. That would have been just too
much for me! I have a treadle that my beloved DH but it is only from
the 50's and I have to do a lot of work on it. Not that I don't have 6
sewing machines in the house right now and I usually hand piece!

Ginny

P.S. I am so depressed now by the glossy floor, the snowy house, and
the treadle machine that I will just go off in a corner and finish
knitting a Sam sock! sniff.
Old October 15th 04, 04:18 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Ginny, come over; we'll share some
Dr.Pepper and CheeseNips (low fat, plain cheddar),
and you can handle the dust mop on that floor. G
Then we'll pull out quilts and quilty stuff and have a relaxing afternoon.

Ragmop/Sandy--entertaining in Style ;-D

"ginmaru" wrote in message
m...
. com...

Old October 15th 04, 04:24 PM
Pat in Virginia

Here's a practical solution. You can buy those type boards,
at reasonable prices, instead of constructing one. They are
generally hung over a door, but I think one could easily
hang hooks on wall and place it there. (That way you could
control the height of the surface. They tend to be rather
low when hung on door, especially for a tall person. I find
it low and I'm way not near 6 feet!) It is a smaller ironing
board than the standard, so takes less space. Plus you would
want the standard "board to live someplace else" (love that
one Kate!) for those handsome Cadets to use.
HTH. PAT in VA/USA

~KK in BC~ wrote:
now the board on the hinges on the wall, I like that idea! and to HANG
fabric! well I never even considered that! I like that one too!
thanks for the ideas!!
~KK~

Old October 15th 04, 05:49 PM
Kate Dicey

Pat in Virginia wrote:

you would want the standard
"board to live someplace else" (love that one Kate!) for those handsome
Cadets to use.

How about Grandma's house?

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old October 17th 04, 01:36 AM
~KK in BC~

LOL I think my kids half live @ grandma's house already! not sure she wants
all cadet garb kids kit and kaboodle! .......could be worth a shot though...
then I would have three extra rooms to use!
~KK~

--

Old October 17th 04, 01:55 PM
Kate Dicey

~KK in BC~ wrote:

LOL I think my kids half live @ grandma's house already! not sure she wants
all cadet garb kids kit and kaboodle! .......could be worth a shot though...
then I would have three extra rooms to use!
~KK~

I was only thinking of the ironing board, but if Granny like the
company...