I made a mistake.

Old October 14th 04, 04:22 PM
~KK in BC~

Ok, now the design curtain idea is something that may work very well for me!
That made me sit back and think a bit, I never would have hit that one on
the head w/o suggestions!!
Again peg board, lose ironing board, get pressing pad.... must be keepers,
since they are the ones that come up over and over
Thanks!
~KK~

--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
http://community.webshots.com/user/koffeekupz

'The road to success
is not a path you find,
but a trail you blaze.'
-- Robert Brault

"Kellie J. Berger" wrote in message
m...
pegboard on the ironing board wall (i got white for mine!) maybe a shelf
or a fold down table in lieu of the ironing board. you could use a pad
when ironing or use it for a cutting mat. could you store some more stuff
on the shelf where the hangars are? maybe some books/tools/fabrics that
wouldn't be used often? Another shelf above the sewing machine...

and don't know if it would work, but you might be able to fashion a design
wall from some flannel or flannel backed tablecloths hanging on a curtain
rod. You could pull it back with ties when you don't need it? Hard to
tell if that would work w/o being there in person. You could pin stuff to
it maybe..... or .....make some shutters that when they close over the
window have flannel showing on them..... wouldn't be terribly large, but
might be better than nothing?

get one of those hanging organizers for closets (
http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp...entPage=family )
and hang it from the shelf with the hangars or better yet in another
closet grin

do you have room for anythign between your sewing table and the wall?
even 12 inches? Target.com has a lot of shelving, drawer, caddy, cube &
basket thingies in their Laundry/Cleaning/Closets section. You might get
a few ideas there. One of the "basket towers" was about 10" wide, 15"
deep and 5 baskets tall.... on wheels

HTH

I kicked the 3 kids out of the "game room" and took over with all my arts
and crafts! i'm very lucky, cause we have 2x as much house this go round
as in our last home! I used to take over the formal dining/family/parlor
room...

-- kellie
bergerk at sbcglobal dot net
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ber....net/my_photos

"~KK in BC~" wrote in message
I really goofed up. I made the mistake of lingering too long in some of
your signature links. What I saw were some sewing spaces, palaces to me!!!
Oh how I long for one of those. I need more now.... MORE MORE MORE!!
Anyone who has a sewing space with pictures and can share can ya please??

I have an itty bitty space, about 5x6 or so in a corner beside the washer
and dryer and right in the path of the bathroom.... sometimes with all
these teenagers I own it is not in my nose's best interest to sew!

What I am in dire need of is ideas. I need stash storage ideas. I need to
find a way to have a design wall. I need to get my stuff put in a place
so I don't have to move it all the time..... I need a bigger house.....
better yet I need a whole new place JUST for sewing!!! (hey, if I am
going to dream, it will be a BIG dream gosh darn it!)

Anyway, I managed to get a picture of my space in my webshot album.
Any/all ideas would be welcomed for ideas of storage and design wall etc
etc... I know there has to be some solution for me?? right?? huh??
.................................................. . I HEAR YOU
BREATHING!!!! sigh

~KOKI~

--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Old October 14th 04, 04:22 PM
~KK in BC~

I am TALL (almost 6 foot) so the reaching part isnt an issue. I never
thought about deeper shelving at all! I dont do ironing! I do pressing My
kids all use the ironing board alot for the Cadet uniforms so I could move
that sucker....
Thanks for the ideas!
~KK~

--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
http://community.webshots.com/user/koffeekupz

'The road to success
is not a path you find,
but a trail you blaze.'
-- Robert Brault

"nana2b" wrote in message
Ok here goes. IMHO You can use more shelves over the sewing machine. I
can't see how wide the top shelves are but if you are not tall (I am
short) you can get deeper shelves that will hold more. The lower ones can
be more narrow so you won't hit your head. I see your ironing board up,
do you do alot of "laundry type ironing" or do you use it for quilt
pressing? If not maybe you could use a wideshelf there with a ironing
pad, that could be swapped out with a cutting mat. Add more shelves
underneath that with baskets or moveable drawers. As for a design wall,
I don't have one in my sewing room, not enough walls.I am thinking of
making a kind of Roman Shade thing and hang it in the Guest Room. I have
found that no matter how much space I have it is never enough.

I hope I have offered something good here. Hugs, Linda

Old October 14th 04, 04:22 PM
~KK in BC~

peg board........ lose the ironing board...... other places to hide er,
store stash in the house....... oh and to have my cutting happen close to my
stuff would be awesome too (I currently use the top of the dryer for my
cutting area)
Thanks for the tips!
~KK~

--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
http://community.webshots.com/user/koffeekupz

'The road to success
is not a path you find,
but a trail you blaze.'
-- Robert Brault

"KittyG" wrote in message
Hey Koki

I can sympathize, this is the first house we've had where I could have a
sewing room and I love it. Neat to think about, but in the meantime...
You do have some space on the walls above both the desk and ironing board.
I have seen great peg board ideas that would work great above the desk for
notions, thread and rulers, keeping everything easy to access. A portable
design wall could hang over the ironing board. There is some storage room
underneath as well there. But ironing boards can really be space hogs.
What about a cabinet on wheels or some sort of cart or trolley. That
would
give you storage underneath and the top could hold a cutting board and/or
padded board for ironing.

But you still need room to work, that's the important thing here, so how
about finding storage in other parts of the house? You know, things you
wouldn't need on a day to day basis which could leave you with some elbow
room. Some kind of curtain hanging across your shelving would also help
neaten that up and make it look less cluttered. And be a neat project.
You
could even match it to curtains for that great window you've got. Small
spaces can make for the most creative solutions. Good luck!

kitty in phx
--
Remove "s" and "i" in email to respond.
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee

Old October 14th 04, 04:22 PM
~KK in BC~

you mean like a plastic picnic table one? I have a few of those.... unless
they hit the trash because they were never used!
~KK~

--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
http://community.webshots.com/user/koffeekupz

'The road to success
is not a path you find,
but a trail you blaze.'
-- Robert Brault

"maryd" wrote in message
You have made good use of your space, KK. As to a design wall, I have a
flannel backed table cloth that I spread out on the bed when I'm working
on
a quilt. When it's time to put it up, I just roll the table cloth up and
it
keeps most of the pieces where I put them for the next session.

--
Mary

Old October 14th 04, 04:26 PM
~KK in BC~

I am jelous... a whole house???????? lol
Wish I had a few more spaces to fill but a family of five takes up a lot of
space lol
~KK~

--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
http://community.webshots.com/user/koffeekupz

'The road to success
is not a path you find,
but a trail you blaze.'
-- Robert Brault

" Ellison" wrote in message
m...
Howdy!

Here's where I quilt:

I use the entire house for quilting.

Storage ideas: get as much space as you can; fill it up. ;-)

Ragmop/Sandy

Old October 14th 04, 04:27 PM
~KK in BC~

oh great, all that site did was make me want to buy more fabric and stuff
LOL very nice!
~KK~

--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
http://community.webshots.com/user/koffeekupz

'The road to success
is not a path you find,
but a trail you blaze.'
-- Robert Brault

"Jalynne" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hee hee, that happens to me a lot. I don't have pix up of my sewing
space, yet, but you can look at the rest of the stuff on my site.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old October 14th 04, 04:29 PM
~KK in BC~

We dont have TSWLTH but we do have Wallyworld and I have to agree on
closing in the storage, I hate the mess look of it right now but open
shelves are open shelves .... although, a nice patchwork curtain would look
nice.........
~KK~

--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
http://community.webshots.com/user/koffeekupz

'The road to success
is not a path you find,
but a trail you blaze.'
-- Robert Brault

"Pauline O'Connell" wrote in message
Lots of good ideas from everyone. My only suggestion would be to switch
out
your shelves above the sewing machine for cabinets. You can buy them at
Home Depot like store. It will be neater looking for you & you could put
more along the top of your other walls - maybe even a narrow one above the
window for things you don't need access to very often. I like the
suggestion to replace the ironing board with a cabinet & an ironing pad.
have one of those mats you can buy at TSWLTH that is fairly large & when I
don't want the ironing board out, that's what I use.
Good luck!

Pauline

Old October 14th 04, 04:30 PM
~KK in BC~

Ack! not new paint LOL I love my yellow! I live in 8 months of dark days and
winter so all the cheer I can get I take. I didnt thnk of bi-fold doors.
That may just work to make it look neater for sure! and the keeper idea of
the ironing board fix too...
thanks!
~KK~

--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
http://community.webshots.com/user/koffeekupz

'The road to success
is not a path you find,
but a trail you blaze.'
-- Robert Brault

"Donna Liller" wrote in message
ink.net...
You've got more space than I do! Here's what I would do: I'd move the
sewing machine under the window on the right; fill that entire wall where
the sewing machine is now with shelving and close it off with bi-fold
doors. You can use the doors for your design wall. A drop-down
ironing/cutting station on the left wall would work too. And new paint!!

--
Donna in WV

Old October 14th 04, 04:31 PM
~KK in BC~

yup long winters.... very long......... too long! (perhaps that is why I
love neons and brights and such?)
~KK~

--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
http://community.webshots.com/user/koffeekupz

'The road to success
is not a path you find,
but a trail you blaze.'
-- Robert Brault

"maryd" wrote in message
What's wrong with the yellow wall?? I love mine. Remind me of summer
during the long rainy winter months.

--
Mary

Old October 14th 04, 04:32 PM
~KK in BC~

I would have to find something similar for a table but the idea is great! Up
here where I am we have a limited amount of kewl things to get Loved the
pictures!!!!
Thank you
~KK~

--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
http://community.webshots.com/user/koffeekupz

'The road to success
is not a path you find,
but a trail you blaze.'
-- Robert Brault

"Susie" wrote in message
. ..
KOKI,
You have gotten some great replies. One thing I can mention
that I love is my BIG cutting table that I got at Joann's folds
down to a 12" size when not in use AND I bought an ironing
board cover for it. )
Check it out by clicking on my link.
I can take a photo of it folded if you like,
Susie
http://community.webshots.com/user/susies1955........

Anyone who has a sewing space with pictures and can share can ya please??