OT Storm from Hades

Old June 30th 07, 05:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Default OT Storm from Hades

Holy Cow, KK!! So sorry you have to go through all the "digging out",
but glad it wasn't any worse. Take good care.

Patti in Seattle

Old June 30th 07, 07:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

KK, I am so sorry! Wish I was close enough to offer some real help.
Sending good thoughts and all the energy I can spare....you will need it.
BTDT, wasn't fun.

BTW, it seems a bit unfair to me that so many folks are experiencing too
much rain, and here in Tucson we could use their excess. In a really
perfect world, we'd all get just the right amount.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

"~KK in BC~" wrote in message
Well it hit. The storm from Hades flew through our area. It was the verge
of
a tornado. The funnels just didn't quite get enough motivation to become a
full fledged tornado. The damage is unreal. The flooding is incredible.
We are one of the unlucky flooded families. The damage due to wind and
hail
was minimal up on the hill where I am but the valley of down town was hit
really hard. I worry about the damage I will see on the way to work
tomorrow.
As for us...... well our basement is a write off. My washer and dryer are
sitting in water. Our furnace is sitting in water. Our hot water tank is
in
the water........ its not pretty.

Off I go to drain out my house, try to save what I can, and toss the rest.
Wish me luck.

~KK in BC~ who just looked out side to see it start to pour again....... I
just want to sit in the middle of this flood and cry.

Old June 30th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati Cook

I have been thinking the same thing, Carolyn. We would love to have
some rain. The lakes (man-made, reservoirs and major source of water)
are at very low levels and it is dry, dry, dry here in AZ. But we also
don't want the downpours like much of the country is getting either.....
especially up in the areas that have been so badly hit by fires in the
last few years. sigh. (Part of the problem is that much of Arizona has
a layer of caliché not too far down. Too much water hits that and then
we get run off, and in the fire hit areas there isn't enough growth to
keep the topsoil from washing off with the water. Caliché will
eventually allow water to seep through, but it takes a while.)

Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Old June 30th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

And how is your situation now, Sunny?
PAT

Sunny wrote:

Poor Baby! This has been such a devestating time for people hit by bad
weather. And calling it "bad weather" seems to minimize the real
situation. I am so sorry you were hit so hard. I will add my prayers
that all will be handled by insurance, quickly and as painlessly as
possible. In the meantime, I understand how hard this is. Go ahead and
vent.... you deserve it.

Hugs and umbrellas,
Sunny