OT Remembrance Day

Old November 12th 04, 09:00 AM
Charlie

So, you supervise them, and someone else supervises them. Should be enough?

What has the world come to? Around here they're laying a white wreath to
remember the civilians. How ridiculous on remembrance day. The one day of
the year we celebrate the troops doing what they're paid to do.

Charlie.

"~KK in BC~" wrote in message
The are total able bodied Cadets ranging in age from 12 - 18, thank you.

According to the rules of the Air Cadets they are not permitted to walk

w/o
adequate permissions and supervisions and since there are over 30 of them,
they are hard pressed to get that. They would need more than just our one
Captain and one Civilian instructor for supervision of that many cadets.
However, if the parents drove them, then for that short distance the

parent
would be in charge of the well being of the cadet. Does that make sense?

It
is all based on the safety and behaviour of the corps. Safety first and
foremost.

I asked if they could walk too but it isn't in the rules and since they

are
government set out rules, they cant be just changed to suit.
~KK~

--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
http://community.webshots.com/user/koffeekupz

'The road to success
is not a path you find,
but a trail you blaze.'
-- Robert Brault

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
~KK in BC~ wrote:

I found out today, that our cadet corps who has been standing guard at
the
cenotaph for over 14 years will NOT be doing that anymore. Why? Because
of
parents who don't want to bother driving the kids over to the location

so
they can observe what to me is a very important part of our ceremonies
here.
Why cant the parents of today understand and realize what an important
day
this is?????
Our cadets are doing a part in the ceremony held at our legion and then
that's it. There will be no wreath laying ceremony for them, and it

hurts
my
heart to know that it will not happen because of parents who don't care
enough to take the 5 minute drive to take the cadets to the cenotaph to
do
the ceremony

Sorry, had to rant. I am upset. I just watched our Ottawa ceremony on

TV
and
it was beautiful. I wish more people would watch it, and understand

WHAT
THIS DAY MEANS!!!!!!! It is about the loss of lives to give us our
FREEDOM that we so enjoy!!!!!! It is to honour those who put themselves
in that line of fire, into that danger to fight for a country they

loved
and wanted to make a better place for their families and the future
generations!

~KK~ crawling off the box now

They're some kind of cadet? What sort - the legless ones? If it's only

5 minute drive, surely they could walk? Made a nice parade of it? After
all, the legless veterans go to the Cenotaph in London and lay wreaths

in
memory of their fallen comrades. The older school kids here in the
village walked to the village memorial and laid wreaths this morning.
After all the ceremonial stuff they got to ask the veterans about what
they did and why Remembrance Day is still so important. Their parents

may
have forgotten, but the kids will remember if given the chance.

James said that the old gentleman we often meet with his dog on the way
home from school was one of the veterans. He took a while to place
Benson's old gent without Benson in tow!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old November 13th 04, 01:37 PM
Krysia Thompson

What has the world come to? Around here they're laying a white wreath to
remember the civilians. How ridiculous on remembrance day. The one day of
the year we celebrate the troops doing what they're paid to do.

Charlie.

And there I was thinking it is actually a day to remember the end
of the WW1 and all the PEOPLE who have died in all the war
conflicts. And honour the ones who have survived, too.

Krysia
K.T. - starannie opakowana
Old November 13th 04, 03:48 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 13:37:38 +0000, Krysia Thompson
wrote:

What has the world come to? Around here they're laying a white wreath to
remember the civilians. How ridiculous on remembrance day. The one day of
the year we celebrate the troops doing what they're paid to do.

Charlie.

And there I was thinking it is actually a day to remember the end
of the WW1 and all the PEOPLE who have died in all the war
conflicts. And honour the ones who have survived, too.

Krysia
K.T. - starannie opakowana

Thanks Krysia, that's what I thought too.
Also, I didn't think the troops were paid to kill civilians....

-- Jo in Scotland
Old November 14th 04, 03:32 PM
Krysia Thompson

wrote:

What has the world come to? Around here they're laying a white wreath to
remember the civilians. How ridiculous on remembrance day. The one day of
the year we celebrate the troops doing what they're paid to do.

Charlie.

And there I was thinking it is actually a day to remember the end
of the WW1 and all the PEOPLE who have died in all the war
conflicts. And honour the ones who have survived, too.

Krysia
K.T. - starannie opakowana

Thanks Krysia, that's what I thought too.
Also, I didn't think the troops were paid to kill civilians....

-- Jo in Scotland

In Poland 11th Nov is celebrated as Independence day - this is
really when Poland got independence after a couple of centuries
of not being Poland.

War (and wars in general) - the last world war - is remembered
when it finished officially in Berlin on May 9th.

And it is remembered for people who fought (partisans, civilians
as well as soldiers) and died, and the cause , and the result.

I am not sure why would celebrate someone's job, if we look at it
in this way

Krysia
K.T. - starannie opakowana