"Birds in the Air"

Old October 4th 05, 04:08 PM

Default "Birds in the Air"

I'm thinking about making a scrappy "Birds in the Air" quilt, inspired
by a photo of one made around 1870. The blocks will be 6" or 9" and
the background fabric unbleached muslin.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen a different set for this block than
just rows of blocks in the same orientation. Since it's basically an
HST, there should be a lot of possibilities, but I'm having trouble
imagining which would be interesting and which would look disorganized
and a pain in the eyes. So I'm asking the group for opinions on what
would and wouldn't work. I'd be quite willing to include other blocks
or interior borders or other patterns.
Old October 4th 05, 06:25 PM
KI Graham

http://members.shaw.ca/quiltneighbour/birds.htm
The pattern for a 6" Birds in the Air block is available as part of the
Sampler of Psalms series [block 2]:
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham/partners.html

--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham

Old October 4th 05, 08:42 PM
Roberta

KI Graham wrote:
http://members.shaw.ca/quiltneighbour/birds.htm
The pattern for a 6" Birds in the Air block is available as part of the
Sampler of Psalms series [block 2]:
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham/partners.html

ohh I like number 5 and... number 7. The effects I think would be
different with totally scrappy, but would still look really cool

Roberta (in VA)
Old October 6th 05, 10:45 PM

In article 4Wy0f.81020$oW2.1686@pd7tw1no, KI Graham wrote:
http://members.shaw.ca/quiltneighbour/birds.htm

Thanks for these interesting and creative settings, and for the comments
from other posters. I can see there's a lot of potential here!