service manual for Elna Jubilee 45?

Old November 7th 05, 01:32 PM
Matt Lobegeiger

Default service manual for Elna Jubilee 45?

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone would happen to have a scanned copy of the
service manual for the Elna Jubilee 45. My girlfriends machine isn't
working properly, the thread is getting caught around the bobbin
mechanism on every stitch and it seems like it needs adjusting. Haven't
got the money to get it serviced by a professional at the moment, so I'm
going to try and make some sense of it.

So if anyone has a copy and they'd be able to scan it and email it, it
would be greatly appreciated. Even just the pages relating to the bobbin
mechanism would be useful.

I had a search around the internet but couldn't find a copy posted
anywhere. So if anyone knows of any online copies, that'd be great too.

Thanks very much.

matt
Old November 7th 05, 01:57 PM
Kate Dicey

Matt Lobegeiger wrote:

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone would happen to have a scanned copy of the
service manual for the Elna Jubilee 45. My girlfriends machine isn't
working properly, the thread is getting caught around the bobbin
mechanism on every stitch and it seems like it needs adjusting. Haven't
got the money to get it serviced by a professional at the moment, so I'm
going to try and make some sense of it.

So if anyone has a copy and they'd be able to scan it and email it, it
would be greatly appreciated. Even just the pages relating to the bobbin
mechanism would be useful.

I had a search around the internet but couldn't find a copy posted
anywhere. So if anyone knows of any online copies, that'd be great too.

Thanks very much.

matt

If the top thread is too loose and catching on the bobbin case and
making loops, try tightening the top tension FIRST. Also try 'flossing'
between the tension disks with a spectacle cleaning cloth or a thick
lint free thread...

Otherwise, good luck with the manual hunt. I don't have one of those
machines in my collection, sadly...
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old November 7th 05, 03:23 PM
Matt Lobegeiger

Kate Dicey wrote:
Matt Lobegeiger wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the reply Kate. We've tried adjusting the tension of both the
top thread and the bobbin with no improvement. Might give your cleaning
cloth idea a go.

thanks

matt
Old November 7th 05, 10:42 PM
Kay Lancaster

Thanks for the reply Kate. We've tried adjusting the tension of both the
top thread and the bobbin with no improvement. Might give your cleaning
cloth idea a go.

Don't forget to thread with the presser foot UP. That opens the top tension
so the thread gets in far enough to work. An easy thing, easily forgotten...

Old November 8th 05, 01:24 AM
Matt Lobegeiger

Kay Lancaster wrote:
Thanks for the reply Kate. We've tried adjusting the tension of both the
top thread and the bobbin with no improvement. Might give your cleaning
cloth idea a go.

Don't forget to thread with the presser foot UP. That opens the top tension
so the thread gets in far enough to work. An easy thing, easily forgotten...

No, that's not the problem either, but thanks for the idea.

matt