Looking for Fabric

Old March 8th 05, 05:33 AM
Jodi

Default Looking for Fabric

Hi All,

I'm new to this group, so I hope no one minds me jumping right in with
questions.

Do any of you buy fabric online? I checked out two samples of drapery
fabric from Hancock and I wanted to see if I could find a better price
online or at a different store, but I'm having a heck of a time finding the
patterns. If anyone has any advice for me on how to find them, that would
be great.

They a Dorchester Designs #4014A, pattern 22977, color 106 and Robert
Allen Home, pattern Rotherfield, color garnet.

I'm still looking around a bit, but thought I'd post here for ideas. I'm
making some really simple roman blinds and valances, but it's going to be a
lot of fabric so I'm definitely looking for the best price.

Thanks,
Jodi

Old March 8th 05, 10:58 AM
Kirsten H. Sollie

"Jodi" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi All,

I'm new to this group, so I hope no one minds me jumping right in with
questions.

Do any of you buy fabric online? I checked out two samples of drapery
fabric from Hancock and I wanted to see if I could find a better price
online or at a different store, but I'm having a heck of a time finding
the patterns. If anyone has any advice for me on how to find them, that
would be great.

They a Dorchester Designs #4014A, pattern 22977, color 106 and Robert
Allen Home, pattern Rotherfield, color garnet.

I'm still looking around a bit, but thought I'd post here for ideas. I'm
making some really simple roman blinds and valances, but it's going to be
a lot of fabric so I'm definitely looking for the best price.

Thanks,
Jodi

Whatever you do, steer clear of Fabricclub.com. They do not deliver but
they do debit your account!

Kirsten Sollie

Old March 8th 05, 03:38 PM

Jodi:
looking for fabric online: I started my search with the search word
'textiles', and have filled a notebook with online sources. From
'textiles', your search gets more specific: 'home dec', 'silk', and so
on.
I rarely buy online from Hancocks, preferring to fondle the fabrics
in-store.
Cea

Old March 11th 05, 05:32 PM
Taloola

This source is not online but in California we have a great source for
Home Dec and quilting fabrics at Home Fabric. Really good prices!