Help needed from other lampworkers -

Old September 14th 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl

Default Help needed from other lampworkers -

I need some help - big time.
Problem: customer wants red spacer
beads to go with her lampwork order.

Solution? I order Effetre 432
(med red) - from Arrow Springs
stuff comes - beautiful color
in the rod.

BIGGER problem: make beads
- they turn UGLY brown (color of 448)!!!

(email Arrow springs about problem -
get no response - call AS -- get no response)

Solution ? order 432 from someplace
else? Frantz --
Stuff arrives - it's orange, not red.
Make beads - turns redder - but
still orange -- also - some of it
strikes brown - just like the other stuff.
AND color is inconsistent... no two
beads "match"
and definitely not "scarlet red" that customer
wants...

HELP!!!!!
anybody have "old stock" 432
that does not turn brown - but stays
a nice "valentine red" or at least
a nice scarlet red - when made into beads?

Willing to pay -
will buy up to one pound (need at
least 1/4 pound).

Cheryl

Old September 14th 06, 08:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

Unfortunately, that has happened to me as well - so it's really hard these
days to figure out which red is which. And the one I have seems to
intermittently strike red or brown. Have you tried dark red 436? Or
Lauscha cherry red is a good one too.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old September 14th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
karin

Or try Uroboros Cherry opal red (I think it's called) - it stays nicely
red. Kalera carries it. :-)

Karin
(don't reply to this address, it's only for posting)

Old September 14th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl

Kandice -
Thanks - - glad I am not "crazy"
and this happened to someone else!
I think the dark red will be too dark.

Arrow Springs claims they never
heard of it.... and that their stock
does not do it...
Karen has 5 year old 432 (back
when it was good) and is selling me some.
That will get me through...
since I only need about 2 dozen
spacers - hopefully.

Arrow Springs says they are getting