RIP Daisy Kingdom

Old November 9th 04, 01:04 AM
BEIDesign

Default RIP Daisy Kingdom

http://www.daisykingdom.com/

Saw the "going out of business" sale ads in the paper this weekend.
How sad.

Old November 9th 04, 01:28 AM
Joanna

That is sad. Does that mean the name daisy kingdom doesn't exist now? Or
are they just closing that store?
Joanna

--
Remove Quilt to reply

Old November 9th 04, 02:08 AM
julia

"BEIDesign" wrote in message
http://www.daisykingdom.com/

Saw the "going out of business" sale ads in the paper this weekend.
How sad.

I hope the patterns continue! I only have one Daisy Kingdom pattern, but was
looking at a couple others recently, as my oldest DD loves dress-up type
dresses now and making them is just so much cheaper than retail. I'll have
to keep an eye on that website!
-j

Old November 9th 04, 02:25 AM
Pat

I went to the website, and apparently the products will continue to be
available at Hobby Lobby and Hancock.........

Old November 9th 04, 04:56 AM
Cynthia Spilsted

"BEIDesign" wrote in message
http://www.daisykingdom.com/

Saw the "going out of business" sale ads in the paper this weekend.
How sad.

That's sad - truly the end of an era - but then, I look around at all the
little girls in the town where I live and "skank" seems to be the order of
the day (even for children as young as 8!). What are their mothers
thinking????!!!! Let little girls be little. Please, if you do not like
ruffles and lace, then dress them in t-shirts and jeans!
Cynthia

Old November 9th 04, 07:31 AM
Gramma

"Cynthia Spilsted" wrote in message

That's sad - truly the end of an era - but then, I look around at all the
little girls in the town where I live and "skank" seems to be the order of
the day (even for children as young as 8!). What are their mothers
thinking????!!!! Let little girls be little. Please, if you do not like
ruffles and lace, then dress them in t-shirts and jeans!

De lurking for nomore than 5 seconds to ask what "skank is??

Gramma

Old November 9th 04, 12:07 PM
Kirsten H. Sollie

"BEIDesign" wrote in message
http://www.daisykingdom.com/

Saw the "going out of business" sale ads in the paper this weekend.
How sad.

That's sad - truly the end of an era - but then, I look around at all the
little girls in the town where I live and "skank" seems to be the order of
the day (even for children as young as 8!). What are their mothers
thinking????!!!! Let little girls be little. Please, if you do not like
ruffles and lace, then dress them in t-shirts and jeans!
Cynthia

I second that motion. "Skank" has even made it to Norway with little girls
wearing tagging-inspired clothing and t-shirts with various offensive
statements on them (except here they don't know what it means). But the
worst example it g-string underwear for 8-yr. olds!

Save us

Kirsten Sollie
Heimdal, Norway

Old November 10th 04, 02:39 AM
gabrielle

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 01:04:57 +0000, BEIDesign wrote:

http://www.daisykingdom.com/

Saw the "going out of business" sale ads in the paper this weekend.
How sad.

I heard they lost their lease, but frankly, if the attitude of their
employees had any influence on their business, this is no surprise.

gabrielle
Why yes, I'm a dissatisfied customer, why do you ask? :P
Old November 10th 04, 03:51 PM
Dannielle

DaisyKingdom.com is gone, however their parent company Springs Inc, is
currently still in business. I do know that they have discontinued making
the Raggedy Ann and Andy cut and sew panels....ask me how I know this one!
I have my last few sets all put together and ready for the clothing to be
sewed up....*sigh* I am going to miss making my Ann and Andy dolls!

Dannielle