hi, after a long time away

Old February 6th 04, 08:46 PM
shhdesigns

Default hi, after a long time away

Hi Everyone

Back again after quite a long break, have been having some problems with my
computer and hopefully DB will fix them when he comes to visit this weekend.

Happy dancing all around for those finished quilts.

Hugs to all that have had some sadness/illness or need in their lives while
I've been away.

Got on a knitting spree over the holidays and finally starting to get back
on track with my quilting. Have two borders left on a round robin way over
due...sorry mim...also have signed up for a class through my new quilt guild
Lion's Gate Quilters called Sew a Fine Row.

First month [Nov] was Seminole piecing. Dec. was folded flowers, missed it
due to a horrible rainy commute and didn't want to go out after getting
home. Jan. was crazy log cabin...missed due to snow and ice. Feb. was
paper dolls, a fun template free class. Should have fun design the various
members of the family for each person's quilt. I guess I should mention I'm
planning on hopefully having a finished top for DN Cody's grad this year.
Then in two years his DS Karlynn graduates, then the twins Bryce and
Hayleigh graduate two years later...these will be their grad presents. I'm
also making my DB and SIL a quilt for their bed and one for my DSM and
myself, so that adds up to 6 quilts. So far just have the Seminole rows
done. Wasn't that impressed with the folded flowers row, will design
something of my own to substitute for it.

I let everyone pick their colours for their own quilt. Having fun working
from my stash.

Well hi again, will try and keep up with the group again.

Having a great 6 day stretch off, yesterday was a day alone, the next 5 will
be having various lunch and dinners with friends to celebrate my birthday on
Monday...one of those special ones that come along every ten years! Cheers!

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.
Queen of Travelogues

Old February 6th 04, 11:37 PM
Louise

Sandi,

We're looking forward to hearing more from you now that you're back. You've
been way too quiet!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old February 7th 04, 01:04 AM
Sandy Foster

In article 33TUb.419358$X%5.315697@pd7tw2no,
"shhdesigns" wrote:

Hi Everyone

Back again after quite a long break, have been having some problems with my
computer and hopefully DB will fix them when he comes to visit this weekend.

gentle snipping

Good to see you back again, Sandi! And it's good to hear you're back in
quilting mode. Happy birthday, whatever decade this is. G

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
my ISP is earthlink.net -- put s-foster@ in front
Old February 7th 04, 07:36 AM
shhdesigns

Thanks Louise,
Always willing to offer an opinion or suggestion when asked...and sometimes
when not asked!LOL

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.
Queen of Travelogues

Old February 7th 04, 07:37 AM
shhdesigns

"shhdesigns" wrote:

Hi Everyone

Back again after quite a long break, have been having some problems

with my
computer and hopefully DB will fix them when he comes to visit this

weekend.

gentle snipping

Good to see you back again, Sandi! And it's good to hear you're back in
quilting mode. Happy birthday, whatever decade this is. G

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
my ISP is earthlink.net -- put s-foster@ in front
http://home.earthlink.net/~s-foster

Hi Sandy,
Thanks for the welcome back and birthday wishes...had a great Greek dinner
with my best friend tonight, first of 5 celebrating days!

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.
Queen of Travelogues

Old February 7th 04, 02:45 PM
DDM

Glad to see you back again, Sandi, and Happy Birthday!!! Would you please
take another trip soon... we're overdue for one of your very good
travelogues.

Dee in LeRoy, NY

Old February 7th 04, 03:43 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Happy Birthday for at least a week!!!

Good to see you, Sandi; wondered if maybe you were remodeling
your entire place after your success in the kitchen; that could keep
you busy, take up valuable quilting time. g

Ragmop/Sandy

Old February 7th 04, 06:18 PM
shhdesigns

Hi Ragmop,
Nope, just plain being lazy...gone through a bit of a creative slump. Also
seems to have hit a few of my friends this year.
Hope the surface design for quilters retreat in March helps kick things up a
notch.

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.
Queen of Travelogues

om...

Old February 7th 04, 06:21 PM
shhdesigns

Don't have any trips planned for the immediate future, but do plan to go to
two retreats. One on Surface Design for Quilters and the other is a I can't
believe it's a log cabin class. The first one is local, the second one in
Sorrento, outside of Kamloops where we had some devastating forest fires
last summer. Making a quick side trip to Kelowna on my way up to drop DSM
at her DSister's for a visit.
So should be able to come up with a little something for you.

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.
Queen of Travelogues

Old February 8th 04, 09:04 PM
Denise Jameson

Welcome back, Sandi! Great to have here again.

From a fellow Canuck.

Denise in Ontairo, Canada

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 20:46:55 GMT, "shhdesigns"

Hi! Long time, no "see"! Shelby Beads 12 April 26th 04 11:12 PM
Maybe....(not off topic but long) Karlee in Kansas Quilting 13 October 31st 03 11:35 PM
My trip to western US, including stops at 3 LQS's (warning, very long) sdgodfrey Quilting 5 October 23rd 03 11:39 PM
I'm back--OT and long VanGoghLoverinCA Quilting 3 August 21st 03 12:46 AM