Fitting nightmare

Old April 28th 04, 03:57 PM

Fitting nightmare

(BEI=A0Design)
I gave it a lot of thought late last night, I think I'm on the right
track.
"Dream" bridesmaid (that's the one who will do whatever I want) is
coming over tonight for final-before-the-zipper bodice fitting, and
hem-marking.
I also found a fun print, to make the muslin/toile for older DD, I'll
make it into a sun dress for her if she likes the print. Or into
something for DGD if she doesn't. Or add it to the stash, it was only
$3.00 a yard at the great new shop I just found. :-)
=A0=A0Beverly
---
Beverly, I know you are an accomplished seamstress, adept at working
out fitting problems, but I haven't been envying you, what with having
to deal with Bmaids and the peculiar attitudes they adopt, nope, haven't
envied you at all, right up to the taunting $3.00 a yard bit...
Cea formerly peach colored, now pea green with envy"But, STOP!"
She tells herself, "You are still Queen of Stash; and, currently, this
Font of Fabric, this Garden of Earthly Delights, is still not available
online, so be calm... ohmmmm...ohmmmmm...."

Old May 2nd 04, 05:28 PM

I've read for flat-seats (bumless) to make trace darts. Anyway,
darts are adjustable according to need.

John

"BEI Design" wrote in
message news:i9jjc.44627$_L6.3126719@attbi_s53...
| I am currently fitting a gal whose high bust measurement is
40.5",
| bust 48.5", waist 40", and hip 43", back to waist 17.75".
That's not
| a mistake, her hips are only _three_ inches larger than her
waist. No
| fanny, at all! She was _very_ surprised to learn that her
right arm,
| shoulder to wrist is 24.5" while her left arm is 22.5". I
have a size
| 22 pattern, the largest I could find in the style she wants,
and have
| graded it up a lot at the bustline. She was here today for
the first
| bodice muslin, and after a few more adjustments, I'm off and
running.

| She wants a straight skirt. I think I will omit the back
skirt darts

Old May 3rd 04, 07:16 PM

Fitting nightmare

(BEI=A0Design)
snipped conversation
I did speak to the owner yesterday, and urged him to try to establish an
online presence. I forgot to take the printout of the site Sharon
posted, but I'll be over there again Real Soon Now! ;-}
=A0=A0Beverly
---
I was thinking, Bev, about your fabric shop owner's dilemma. Here's
what occurred to me, and although I know you are up to your elbows in
work right now, it's food for thought:
I don't know about your local papers, but ours are always begging for
newsworthy items/articles. ( it's a tourist town, so more need of local
'news' in the off-season.)
A 'press release' loaded with pics and info of local shop/owner, etc.,
is one way of getting free (!!) publicity for a new business. (IMHO,
it's advertising, but, hey, newspapers call it 'local flavor', so what
do I know?) For the newspaper, if public reaction to the new shop is
favorable, they may garner a new advertising client, so it's good for
business all the way around.
If a article is tied in with a holiday or celebration of some sort,
all the better. What was the date of the Pakistani new year, and maybe
the owner has some pics of women in glorious sari garb? Some papers wlll
even send a writer and photog. out to cover the info. (That depends on
staffing, budget, etc., but you wo't know unless you ask.)
Cea musing...and I don't know if lilyabello lists
strictly online businesses...

Old May 5th 04, 05:31 PM
BEI Design

"mamahays" wrote in message

Just trying to keep your impending (when the other 5 are done) free

time
from being overwhelming. LOL ducking and running

snort ;-}