Super Squishy Day AND, a funny thing happened...

Old February 17th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Super Squishy Day AND, a funny thing happened...

Woo hoo, my mailbox was full. Fabric from Connie for the Yourpick swap,
that chicken panel from Leslie and the Furbabies (that thing is HUGE, thank
you!!!), something on the order of 9 yards of fabric I won on Ebay (some
with dots, Teri, hint, hint), plus a few Liberty prints from my pottery
friend in England. WOO HOO!

At LQS today was the last class of the beginner class I told y'all about.
So in a chair at the back of the room was the one and only copy in the store
of Carol Doak's "50 Paper Pieced Stars". It was just lying in the chair,
nobody around it. I looked it over and decided to buy, since there was a
35% discount this week. Couldn't find another copy on the bookshelves.
So, LQS owner told me to just get that one in the chair and buy it,
which I did.

Stacked said book on table with all my stuff, including the rec't, two other
books I'd bought, UNDERNEATH the practice quilting piece. I was busy at
another table whipstitching a batting together, when instructor's sister
came in. She did not speak to me about it, but it was apparent she was
looking for something. Apparently, that "something" was my PP book! She
just politely helped herself to it out of my stack, NEVER SAID A WORD TO ME
about it, and took it up front. I can only assume she paid for it (again)
and took it home. Now, as I said, the book was lying on a chair, nobody
around it, she wasn't even in the room at the time, and LQS owner told me to
take it, so I did. I was just flabbergasted that the woman was so brazen,
and the receipt right there!sigh LQS owner has ordered me another copy;
I'll pick it up next week.

--
L. P. Skeen, Summerfield NC
Organized people are just too dang lazy to look for things.