Good vibes needed

Old January 31st 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Good vibes needed

I'm sending my hugs and prayers to you and your parents and the rest of your
family KJ. Good luck and I hope the procedure goes well for your Mom.
--
Mika
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikasdrms

"KJ" wrote in message
I hope I haven't gone to the well too often. But here goes. My mother
could use all the positive, thoughts, prayers, energies and what have you
for her surgery scheduled for tomorrow. I mentioned just after Christmas
that I was going to Texas to help out my parents after Dad had a pacemaker
and a second surgery for fluid buildup in his heart sac. My mother then
discovered she has a fractured vertebra (remember to take your calcium
ladies!). The surgery is called a kyphoplasty. To paint a simple picture;
they will insert a small tube into the space where the vertebra has
collapsed, blow up a balloon to raise it, then fill the space with
"cement". Keep your fingers crossed this will alleviate the pain that has
incapacitated her for the past month or so. You all seem to work miracles!
If any of you have had this or know someone for whom it hasn't worked.....I
don't want to know!!! :-) Thanks for your time and thoughts. It is very
truly appreciated!
Love you all,
KJ

Old January 31st 06, 08:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh what delicate surgery. Wonderful that they can do something for her.
Hoping for good results for her.
Keep calm KJ.
..
In message g7xDf.743342$_o.638052@attbi_s71, KJ
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old January 31st 06, 01:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Prayers for your mom coming from Arkansas. Any body bitches about you
asking for emotional support during such a trying time will be promptly
leaped upon and given a good dressin' down. I doubt anyone would do that
tho - never be afraid to ask !

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old January 31st 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Not a problem Kathyl,
You have so much to deal with right now! I hope that all is going well for
your mom and dad.

I found plenty to keep me busy while we were in Coralville. I went to
Heritage Quilts and the bakery in Main Amana. Found too many things I liked
whlie there :-). I also found a bead store not too far from our hotel, and a
Salvation Army store, also near the hotel. I managed to buy two..yes two
wedding gowns for $1.00 each from S.A. They were brand new with the original
price tags still on them! ($670, and $675 each) My cq students and I will
have lots of fun cutting them up for projects.

We ate at a place called Huhots near the Coralville mall. If you like Asian
food, I highly recomend it! You make up your own meal, buffet style, and
it's cooked for you, in front of you.

Other than having to drive home in the snow storm on Friday our trip was
great. I hope that we'll go back more often. Seems like there's lots to do
in the area.
Take care,
Lisa

"KJ" wrote in message
Thanks Lisa....sorry I missed your trip to IC. Maybe next time.
KJ

Old February 1st 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Two wedding gowns?? What a great deal for crazy quilters! Wow!
I really like HuHot. DD would eat there several times a week if her budget
allowed...and her hips!

My mom had surgery this afternoon and all I've heard so far is that she's in
quite a bit of pain. I'm not going to call tonight since she's been given
some pain meds. Hope it puts her to sleep and she wakes up tomorrow morning
hurting a lot less. I'm a bit worried about it though. My dad sounded
rather shaky tonight when I talked to him. My brother's friend has stayed
with them all day, took my dad home, then went back out to the hospital to
sit with Mom. Isn't that just a great friend? I hope I can put together
some sort of hug quilt for him.

Let me know next time you hit town Lisa.
Kathyl

Old February 1st 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Prayers on their way for complete and swift healing.

--Heidi

Plattsburgh (UPstate) NY

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

===

Old February 1st 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Back pain is one of the worst to live with. New miracle MIPs will fix her
right up. Good thoughts coming her way. Linda in Tx

OT prayers & good thoughts needed Terbear Quilting 24 September 10th 05 12:34 AM
OT - RCB Vibes Needed Arondelle Beads 17 August 28th 05 10:20 PM
Need some good vibes........ JL Paules Beads 6 May 24th 04 12:36 PM
OT need good vibes roxan Beads 9 April 24th 04 02:18 PM