Julie has done it again!!!

Old February 19th 04, 01:54 PM
Margie

On 19 Feb 2004 06:45:23 GMT, uppies (Dr. Sooz)
wrote:

And look what she's getting for this bead --

http://snipurl.com/4lc1

That is a stunning bead! She really has a following, doesn't she?

Hey, we live in the same state and that would mean I'd have to pay
tax. Drats. mwuahhhhaaaaaaahahhaaa

--
Margie
http://www.handcraftedjewelry.com/st...asp?userid=261

Old February 19th 04, 03:24 PM
Kandice Seeber

I adore the colors, but the shape just is kinda weird for me. I bet I would
like it much better if I could see all three dimensions of it. Like, if it
were in my hand. Right now. As we speak. snapping fingers and
wiggling nose

Damn. Didn't work, AGAIN. ......sigh.......

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

http://snipurl.com/4lav

Wow.

T.

Old February 19th 04, 03:25 PM
roxan

Please let me know is dumb enough to pay $72 for this bead and I will try
and get in touch with them since I have some beads and Jewelry they can buy.
LOL
Roxan
"Cheryl" wrote in message

http://snipurl.com/4lav

Wow.

sorry- I don't get it - why is she getting so much for these beads????

I don't get that for mine - and mine are just as nice
pout.....

Cheryl
last semester of lawschool! yipee!
A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old February 19th 04, 03:28 PM
Margie

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 07:24:21 -0800, "Kandice Seeber"
wrote:

As we speak. snapping fingers and
wiggling nose

Damn. Didn't work, AGAIN. ......sigh.......

See if crossing your arms in front of your chest and giving a cute
little nod works. hehe

Old February 19th 04, 04:52 PM
DreamBeadr

And look what she's getting for this bead --

http://snipurl.com/4lc1

Well, she obviously has a "following". So, I figure, more power to her. ;o)

And, if I can manage to word this without sounding snarky....there is also
someone who sells crystal products on JB's who has a seriously high feedback
rating and yet is charging exorbitant prices. At least this lampworker on eBay
didn't start the auction at a stupid high price.
I am however concerned about the buyers on those JB auctions...hellooooo!

Beki
http://www.whimbeads.com
Old February 19th 04, 11:07 PM
Kandice Seeber

Yes - photos are one thing why her auctions do so well, I think. Also, she
has a huge following on ebay and is really well known. Also, her colors are
bright and she follows trends in colors and shapes. Her beads are very
large and extremely well shaped - smooth, balanced and with perfect holes.
This one is 1 1/2 in diameter, which is huge in bead standards. Her Chinese
Lanterns are well known and get a lot of bids from people who consistently
buy her work. Just some reasons off the top of my head why she is getting a
nice price on her beads.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

All it takes is two customers who both want something. Sometimes it's
all about the item in question. Other times it has little to do with
that and more with being the winner.

I admit I'm rather baffled on these. They are very, very nice beads,
but...

I agree -- I don't get it. But one thing about Julie's beads....the

photos are
so good it makes you want them.
~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old February 19th 04, 11:20 PM
Kandice Seeber

Okay - you guys have to stop. What if Julie reads this group? Come on now -
saying that Julie's customers are dumb for paying a high price for her
lampwork is insulting. Even if you are kidding - a lot of people read this
group and she could be one of them. Put yourself in her shoes. She has
plenty of customers who are obviously collecting her work because they love
it. Let's not diminish that, please.
There are a lot of reasons why she gets decent prices. I am honestly really
tired of people putting down other beadmakers for being successful on ebay.
This has happened in two other groups I read just in the last few days -
people asking why people are stupid enough to pay a certain amount of money
for lampwork that clearly deserves every penny. This type of thing makes me
want to scream.

And Cheryl - no one on Justbeads is getting prices like that, because there
just aren't as many buyers there as there are on ebay. Your beads have a
decidedly different look to them. If you want to know the truth - I think
you could benefit from changing your pictures. Honestly, I think that may
be a very big reason why your beads don't get the high prices they deserve.
I'm not saying that to be mean - I am saying to to try and help, and because
you asked. Your beads are wonderful - but your pictures are not.

****sigh**** Why do I always have to be the voice of dissent? Am I wrong
in all this? Please tell me and put me out of my misery.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old February 19th 04, 11:56 PM
Linda2

"Kandice Seeber" wrote:

****sigh**** Why do I always have to be the voice of dissent? Am I wrong
in all this? Please tell me and put me out of my misery.

I don't think you're wrong. Everyone's tastes are different. I'm not a big
lampwork fan (although your scrolls cause me serious beadlust) so I rarely
comment on lampwork unless it really strikes me. I'm not a big crystal fan
either.

What appeals to some will not appeal to others.

Linda2