Another project done!

Old January 29th 05, 12:55 PM
Helen in MN

Default Another project done!

I just finished a "ScreenPlay" tote - this is the one made with vinyl
coated polyester pet screen. I've had the stuff for 2 years- finally just
did it. I used Laurel Burch cat fabric, with contrasting bands. It's pretty
cute- I'll used it. As always, I can see how to improve it. Now, maybe a
lunch bag.....

--
Helen in MN

Old January 29th 05, 03:13 PM
Betty in Wi

Helen, I just made one too.........so, how would you improve it? How about
the cupboard piece in the bottom? I used Timtex, but made the pillowcase to
cover it smaller than they said. But maybe I shouldn't have.....doesn't seem
to cover the whole bottom. (I cut the Timtex the size the pattern said.) I
saw some made up at a LQS and they didn't put a removable bottom in it.
Another thing I wouldn't do is use a stripe fabric........try to sew that
straight!!

Betty in WI

Old January 29th 05, 03:48 PM
Sally Swindells

I like making bags and these sound a bit different - but when I
googled could only find classes, and its rather a long way to travel
for a class! Are there any patterns anywhere (preferably downloadable)

Thanks someone in advance.

Sally

Old January 29th 05, 04:37 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Helen in MN" wrote:

I just finished a "ScreenPlay" tote - this is the one made with vinyl
coated polyester pet screen. I've had the stuff for 2 years- finally just
did it. I used Laurel Burch cat fabric, with contrasting bands. It's pretty
cute- I'll used it. As always, I can see how to improve it. Now, maybe a
lunch bag.....

Yay! Do we get to see pics of this adorable-sounding bag?
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old January 29th 05, 05:45 PM
Helen in MN

I have got to figure out how to get pictures on the web- we don't own a
digital camera. I can take pictures and maybe get the pics put on a digital
disc......

Helen

--
Helen in MN

Old January 29th 05, 05:48 PM
Helen in MN

I could use Timtex for the bottom, sounds like a good idea- I have a strip
left from the fabric bowl I just completed (working on that project pile ).
I think the bottom would help the bag keep its shape.
I want to cover the handles- it would've been easier to do before I sewed
them on. Maybe I'll add some batting to the handles, just a thin layer.

--
Helen in MN

Old January 29th 05, 07:00 PM
Pat in Virginia

I have one screening bag. It has the Moda quilter
motif fabric. Way cute. The base is covered
cardboard. I think one or two layers of
needlepoint plastic would be a good choice. I have
to try that some day. I didn't make this bag; I
WON it at a guild meeting. how fun is that?
PAT in VA/USA

Old January 29th 05, 08:05 PM
Helen in MN

New thought. If I make sure the space in the middle is 8", and the width is
10" ( I think), that will give me (add the height I want) a lunch bag that
will fit the tupperware container I always take my lunch in! Check back
tomorrow morning.

Helen in MN

"Helen in MN" wrote in message
I just finished a "ScreenPlay" tote - this is the one made with vinyl
coated polyester pet screen. I've had the stuff for 2 years- finally just
did it. I used Laurel Burch cat fabric, with contrasting bands. It's
pretty cute- I'll used it. As always, I can see how to improve it. Now,
maybe a lunch bag.....

--
Helen in MN

Hand quilting project? Sk8eraunt Quilting 23 July 5th 04 08:13 PM
Project planning Bungadora Beads 25 March 30th 04 08:12 AM
Limited Edition Needlepoint Project Available to Groups Napa Needlepoint Marketplace 0 December 16th 03 10:18 PM