Are there wire-wrap projects on-line?

Old July 24th 03, 03:26 PM
Jim Caldwell

Default Are there wire-wrap projects on-line?

I am getting into gold wire-wrap jewelry, was wondering if there are free
instructions anywhere for making wire-wrap jewelry. If not I will have to
buy a book or two from Rio Grande. Also, is there a message forum or
newsgroup specifically for wire-wrappers? Thanks.

Old July 25th 03, 01:51 AM
Lisa

"Jim Caldwell" wrote in message
I am getting into gold wire-wrap jewelry, was wondering if there are free
instructions anywhere for making wire-wrap jewelry. If not I will have to
buy a book or two from Rio Grande. Also, is there a message forum or
newsgroup specifically for wire-wrappers? Thanks.

Jim:
there are several sources/groups. here are some:
http://www.wire-sculpture.com/forum/
there are a lot of people on this group, many of whom have watched preston's
videos, and so many of the pieces have "his" look, but it's a good place to
participate in.
He has some basic patterns on the site that are good practice pieces.

at msn groups, there is a finewire group,
http://www.msnusers.com/FineWire/general.msnw
which has some nice instructions.

http://www.conniefox.com might provide some assistance. there is also a
board and chatroom there.

delphi forums has a creative wire group
http://forums.delphiforums.com/wirejewelry/start

yahoogroups has one or two, and you can always do a google search.

HTH
Lisa

Old July 25th 03, 01:51 AM
Magik

"Jim Caldwell" wrote in message
I am getting into gold wire-wrap jewelry, was wondering if there are free
instructions anywhere for making wire-wrap jewelry. If not I will have to
buy a book or two from Rio Grande. Also, is there a message forum or
newsgroup specifically for wire-wrappers? Thanks.

Go to Google and type in wire jewelry as your search term. Tons of sites
will come up. http://www.wire-sculpture.com has many projects available for
download as PDF's, as well as a somewhat active forum.

On Yahoo Groups there are several groups that come up on a wire jewelry
search. The 2 more active groups are Wire_Wrap_Jewelry and
Wire-SculptedJewelry.

And rec.crafts.beads has people posting that do wire-wrapped jewelry. It is
a very active newsgroup, the majority of postings dealing with lampwork
beads.

HTH.

Old July 25th 03, 01:51 AM
news4.bellatlantic.net

Hi Jim,

Try here http://www.wag.on.ca/sampleproject.html

Robert

Old July 25th 03, 01:51 AM
Paul

Try these:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/wirejewelry

http://groups.msn.com/FineWire

Paul Tarlow
Izm Studio
www.izm.com
------------------
Come see my glass
cabochon auctions
www.izm.com/glass
------------------

. ..

Old July 26th 03, 05:15 AM
Marilee J. Layman

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 00:51:30 GMT, "Lisa"
wrote:

"Jim Caldwell" wrote in message
.. .
I am getting into gold wire-wrap jewelry, was wondering if there are free
instructions anywhere for making wire-wrap jewelry. If not I will have to
buy a book or two from Rio Grande. Also, is there a message forum or
newsgroup specifically for wire-wrappers? Thanks.

(Piggybacking on Lisa's post because my ISP lost about 2/3 of the
messages from the newsspool yesterday)

http://www.wigjig.com is a good start.

--
Marilee J. Layman
Handmade Bali Sterling Beads at Wholesale

Wire Density Questions Karen Chan Beads 2 August 29th 04 06:24 PM
AD: Wire Sculpture Jewelry videos on eBay & Accounting Magik Beads 2 June 21st 04 10:31 PM
Wire question Regina Beads 2 November 23rd 03 08:53 PM
Wire Wrapping instead of jumprings...funny tools April H. Beads 13 September 12th 03 06:14 PM
OT - Wire Wrap WOW! Kirsti Beads 6 September 11th 03 02:01 PM