my work

Old July 12th 03, 05:38 AM
David E Fields

Default my work

Hello all, I am a photographer who likes to dabble in jewelry making. Here
are some examples of my work, would love to hear some opinions!
http://www.davidefields.com/jewelry.htm

David
www.davidefields.com

Old July 12th 03, 08:41 AM
Abrasha

David E Fields wrote:

Hello all, I am a photographer who likes to dabble in jewelry making. Here
are some examples of my work, would love to hear some opinions!
http://www.davidefields.com/jewelry.htm

David
www.davidefields.com

Over exposed and out of focus.

The top photo is both over AND under exposed, as well as poor contrast. It aslo
show a strong hot spot, which completely obliterates the subject matter.

All photos seem to have been shot in day light, which casts a strong blue
overtone.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Old July 12th 03, 06:05 PM
Lisa

"Abrasha" wrote in message
David E Fields wrote:

Hello all, I am a photographer who likes to dabble in jewelry making.

Here
are some examples of my work, would love to hear some opinions!
http://www.davidefields.com/jewelry.htm

David
www.davidefields.com

Over exposed and out of focus.

The top photo is both over AND under exposed, as well as poor contrast.

It aslo
show a strong hot spot, which completely obliterates the subject matter.

All photos seem to have been shot in day light, which casts a strong blue
overtone.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

The jewelry is rather generic, much like you can find just about anywhere.
Create something new, use your artistic talents, come up with a hook.

The pictures are not well done, it's difficult to really see the stones, the
finishing, etc. Part of this is due to size and part is due to being out of
focus, too light, etc.

Good beginnings.

Old July 12th 03, 06:05 PM

On or around Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:41:43 GMT, there was a message,
possibly from Abrasha , as follows:

All photos seem to have been shot in day light, which casts a strong blue
overtone.

The pics appear to be shot outdoors on a mirror-- bad idea. The film
seems to be of the right color temperature (outdoor film), and does
not appear to me to be adding blue. It is just correctly portraying
the blue of the sky.

I would suggest that if the original poster plans to shoot outside,
put the jewelry on a sheet of medium grey paper and filter the light
through something translucent to reduce any direct reflections and hot
spots. Keep white cards and crushed aluminum foil handy to experiment
with filling shadows. Shoot aperture priority mode with the aperture
very small so that the whole necklace will be in focus. Add a
screw-on magnifying lens ($20) or reverse the lens to help get things
in closer focus.

Cheers,
Old July 15th 03, 02:52 AM
C Ryman

OK, I think I know what you mean. I have seen it in a book that calls it a
wrapped loop. I've tried to do this with round nose pliers but the loop
turns out lumpy.
Thanks,
--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

"Marggi" wrote in message
Wires that go through the bead, then wrap around to make a jump ring. It

is
a way to atatch beads to chain. Rosaries are made this way, if that helps
you to picture it. I can send you a picture of it if you want. Marggi

"C Ryman" wrote in message
What are pigtail wires?

--
Connie Ryman

Old July 16th 03, 05:18 AM
Marggi

Wrapped loop pretty much describes it. It helps to use thin gauge wire, and
anneal it well, or order it dead soft. With the thin wire, that's where you
need the "pigtail" business, you wrap the wire around next to the bead after
you have formed the loop, to keep ring from opening, especially with silver.
The rosaries I have seen use much stiffer wire and do not bother with the
wrap. I love the look, and it is a good way to use up leftover beads.
Marggi

"Marggi" wrote in message
Wires that go through the bead, then wrap around to make a jump ring. It

is
a way to atatch beads to chain. Rosaries are made this way, if that

helps
you to picture it. I can send you a picture of it if you want. Marggi

"C Ryman" wrote in message
What are pigtail wires?

--
Connie Ryman

Old July 17th 03, 04:19 AM
Betsy Marshall

And didn't I just this morning see a tool from Rio to do this very
thing? isn't coincidence amazing?

ah- here's the link
Swanstrom Pliers -

http://www.riogrande.com/images/pres...swanpliers.pdf

okay- it's the press release not the tool itself, but do a search at
the Rio site and they will surely appear!

. ..