Painted Ponies...Cows....Creamers....Hearts...Pigs....Frog s

Old January 12th 05, 08:08 PM
Dr. Sooz

Or a beautiful bird of some sort. Though where we'd get a plastic bird
with outstretched wings (my ideal for this project) I have no idea......

Old January 12th 05, 08:09 PM
Dr. Sooz

OMG, DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE DUCKS.

But are they interesting enough (hens *or* ducks) sculpturally?
They're sort of a blob with feet and a head.

Old January 12th 05, 08:15 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

One of the art museums in Israel did penguins. When my folks were there 3+
years ago, my dad traveled across town by bus (eek!) to the exhibit just to
take pics of it for me.

In Miami, they did giant roosters. I've seen cows, human-like figures
(Omaha), pigs, dolphins, and horses done.

I bet most of us could get a hold of the same plaster or ceramic base figure
at a national craft store chain and do this. Maybe not even an animal, but a
symbol like a rising sun or something.

That said, this is a cool idea.

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
oups.com...
We should do one.

Here's the idea:
We all get the same *exact* horse model -- those plastic hobby models
we played with as kids (remember those?). Then you decorate it any way
you want, using any media you choose....Paint, beads, collage,
polyclay, fabric, PMC (if you won the lottery), etc.

I can go look up the various websites for the cities who've had this
competition, and the visions of creativity there would be an amazing
inspiration. San Francisco did hearts, for instance, and Chicago did
cows (I think it was Chicago). St. Louis did a figure of a person.
Example: Ponies http://www.gopaintedponies.com/

It would be a fabulous exploration -- of others' art, and our own!
What do you think?

~ Sooz

Old January 12th 05, 08:17 PM
KDK

I think either would be cool- think of creating feather patterns etc!

Kathy K
ups.com...

Old January 12th 05, 08:17 PM
Susan in VA

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
oups.com

...Archie McPhee...from nuns to
lizards.

Oooh, lizards remind me of snakes! You know, realistic
rubber snakes? Of course, they might be too boring.....
but that would be my suggestion.

I'll head over to McPhee to see if something leaps up at
me (uh, figuratively speaking, of course!). :-)

Hoping to join in! - Susan in VA

Old January 12th 05, 08:18 PM
KDK

I've seen plastic seagulls with outstretched wings. There have to be others
out there.

What type of base material would be best?

Kathy K
oups.com...

Old January 12th 05, 08:19 PM
Susan in VA

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in
message

In Miami, they did giant roosters. I've seen cows, human-like figures
(Omaha), pigs, dolphins, and horses done.

In Fredericksburg, VA, they're about to do Cats & Dogs!
Didn't DC do Pandas a while back........? I think they
may also have done Donkeys and Elephants once, too. :-)

Old January 12th 05, 08:20 PM
Dr. Sooz

Okay, you're right. And they're more interesting than a heart would
be.

Old January 12th 05, 08:21 PM
Dr. Sooz

~~~I've seen plastic seagulls with outstretched wings. There have to be
others
out there.~~~

But ew! Seagulls. :-P I was thinking swallows or cardinals or
something pretty as an illustration. Seagulls just make me think of
disease.

Old January 12th 05, 08:22 PM
Dr. Sooz

~~~What type of base material would be best?~~

Anything that can take the media. Paint, polyclay, beads, glue, blah
blah blah.