Painted Ponies...Cows....Creamers....Hearts...Pigs....Frog s

Old January 12th 05, 07:41 PM
Dr. Sooz

Default Painted Ponies...Cows....Creamers....Hearts...Pigs....Frog s

We should do one.

Here's the idea:
We all get the same *exact* horse model -- those plastic hobby models
we played with as kids (remember those?). Then you decorate it any way
you want, using any media you choose....Paint, beads, collage,
polyclay, fabric, PMC (if you won the lottery), etc.

I can go look up the various websites for the cities who've had this
competition, and the visions of creativity there would be an amazing
inspiration. San Francisco did hearts, for instance, and Chicago did
cows (I think it was Chicago). St. Louis did a figure of a person.
Example: Ponies http://www.gopaintedponies.com/

It would be a fabulous exploration -- of others' art, and our own!
What do you think?

~ Sooz

Old January 12th 05, 07:50 PM
KDK

cool!!!! I'd be in!

I have some of the cow figurines from the various cow parades.

I'll have to check out the other animals etc.

Kathy K

oups.com...

Old January 12th 05, 07:51 PM
Diana Curtis

I think great minds think alike.
Now, breyer models are the absolute most realistic horse model I have seen.
They are to nice for me to consider altering. To expensive too.
What about finding something that hasnt been done to death already? Nothing
comes to mind but Im sure somewhere in rcb land there is an idea brewing.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old January 12th 05, 07:57 PM
Dr. Sooz

Yeah, something plastic and not-too-precious or expensive. And
something that has lots of copies (not OOAKs), so we can all have one
to do. (I loved the horse idea, if anyone wants to do that in
addition.)

~~~Now, breyer models are the absolute most realistic horse model I
have seen. They are to nice for me to consider altering. To expensive
too. What about finding something that hasnt been done to death
already? Nothing comes to mind but Im sure somewhere in rcb land there
is an idea brewing.~~~

Hearts have been done to death, and aren't that interesting
sculpturally.......hmmmm

Old January 12th 05, 07:58 PM
Dr. Sooz

Ideas?

Animals, flowers, things (such as the Hearts), etc....????

Old January 12th 05, 07:59 PM
Arondelle

Dr. Sooz wrote:
Here's the idea:
We all get the same *exact* horse model -- those plastic hobby models
we played with as kids (remember those?). Then you decorate it any way
you want, using any media you choose....Paint, beads, collage,
polyclay, fabric, PMC (if you won the lottery), etc.

The owner of my LBS belongs to a crafting group, and they did Naked Mole
Rats.

Jen's Not-So-Naked Mole Rat (all done up in peyote stitch, I believe)
appeared in Bead & Button -- oooh, way long ago. Of course, she has the
original perched on a shelf in her shop along with all the folkcats.

Arondelle
To email me, empty the pond with a net

Old January 12th 05, 08:01 PM
Dr. Sooz

Naked Mole Rats!

You know, Archie McPhee has REALLY cheap-o things, from nuns to
lizards. We could look there for bases to decorate.

Old January 12th 05, 08:02 PM
Diana Curtis

My vote is for chickens. I do love chickens.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
oups.com...

Old January 12th 05, 08:04 PM
Dr. Sooz

Hens? Not rubber chickens? (The rubber chickens are too big, and too
wrinkly, of course)

I love hens! And it being Easter time soon, I bet we could find
something.

~~~My vote is for chickens. I do love chickens.