BOM quilt top #2 completed

Old January 23rd 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default BOM quilt top #2 completed

Here is my second quilt top:
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/album12/BOM5
This project was a lot of fun to work on,thanks Melissa!!!

--
Terbear~Curator of the HUG Gallery~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/HUGS

Teri's quilts~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

Old January 23rd 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article Ch5Bf.10812$ZA5.5732@fed1read05,
says...
Here is my second quilt top:
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/album12/BOM5
This project was a lot of fun to work on,thanks Melissa!!!

Wow! Super job!

Julie
Richmond, VA
Old January 23rd 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh yes, Teri. That border is perfect. Very nice quilt.
..
In message Ch5Bf.10812$ZA5.5732@fed1read05, Terbear
writes
Here is my second quilt top:
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/album12/BOM5
This project was a lot of fun to work on,thanks Melissa!!!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 23rd 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I love it.

This gives me an idea of how mine will turn out, as I also did mine in
patriotic colors. I'm 3 months behind, and I'm still not sure how I
will finish it. I might stop at 9 patches because I just want it to be
a couch throw. I was thinking of making it a tribute to my dad who died
when I was 14. My folks had me later in life but I remember that they
were extremely patriotic. Dad was not allowed into the military because
of high blood pressure and flat feet, but they were neighborhood wardens
during WWII. Their desk was full of war bonds, ration tickets (I still
have those) and Rita Hayworth (sp) pin up type pictures. I found a tan
sepia toned material that depicts pin up girls, and war bond type
newspaper print that I just love and bought a fat quarter on a whim.
Then while trying to decide how to finish this BOM had the idea of
combining this new material with my 9 blocks. My BOMs are the Americana
tones of material, not bright red white and blue, so I think if I sashed
in a tan color that I should be able to make this sepia toned newspaper
print fit in just fine. I'm not sure how I will use it yet, maybe fussy
cut the pin up girls and a few war bonds and make them into snowball
blocks, this might work. And I think I have enough of a tan background
with teeny tiny American flags for a border. Ok, now I'm phyched to get
started.

I'm also going to be starting a BOM in retros from my LQS. She is
charging $1 a month for the pattern and precut material using Thangles.
Sounds easy.

Denise

Old January 24th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Terbear" wrote:

Here is my second quilt top:
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/album12/BOM5
This project was a lot of fun to work on,thanks Melissa!!!

It's beautiful, Teri!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old February 1st 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Love it! Linda in Tx