Books on Serging, recommendations please?

Old September 1st 03, 08:53 PM

Diana Curtis wrote:
Im using you reviews to help me select a good reference book so when my
serger comes to live here I will not have to bother you good folks with
questions all the time. Just for the important questions. :-)

(chuckle) I see.

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Old September 2nd 03, 12:04 AM
Emily

I like the Palmer-Pletsch series and the videos.
Emily

Old September 2nd 03, 07:48 AM
melinda

Diana Curtis wrote:
Hi, its me again.. the occasional lurker. waves to Kate and Cea and others
who linger in RCTQ as well.
Having made the decision to take the plunge and buy a serger I thought that
it might be nice to know all the things that it can do for me and my sewing.
Book reviews are nice, and I could wade thru them for hours I suppose, but
going tho those of you who actually have and use sergers seems a better way
to go. What book(s) have you bought, liked, found most
helpful./inspirational, which did you hate...about sergers and serging?
Im all giddy... thinking about serging. Its hard not to.. Kates enthusiasm
is rather contagious. I need a beginners book since I wont have access to
lessons, and Ive never even touched a serger yet!
Thank you, any who can take the time to answer this question for me.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

No helpful hints on books, just thought I'd say G'Day!
BTW I love my Elnalock!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old September 2nd 03, 12:30 PM
chris

as a beginner in serging, i found "serger secrets" to be the best for
me. right now, you can get it at buy.com for $15, including shipping.
also check out www.lindaleeoriginals.com--she specializes in serging.

you might want to do a search at half.com under books for
"serger"-there are quite a few for sale. i generally check half.com
first and then check addall.com, which searches for the best price
(including shipping) for a book, that's how i found the lowest price
on "serger secrets".
Old September 2nd 03, 03:52 PM
Diana Curtis

G'day Melinda!