singer walking foot answers and questions

Old January 6th 09, 07:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
SteveB[_7_]

Default singer walking foot answers and questions

I found out one of the problems I was having. When finished sewing, I'd
pull out the material, and three threads would come out the bottom. A local
who contacted me said to rotate the needle just past top, and it would come
out cleanly. It works.

Now, is there a disengage for when you wind bobbins? Something where the
flywheel will just spin and not all the up and down mechanism?

Singer 111w155 . I'm getting this slowly running good. Just a couple of
small adjustments to go.

Steve

Old January 6th 09, 08:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

SteveB wrote:
I found out one of the problems I was having. When finished sewing, I'd
pull out the material, and three threads would come out the bottom. A local
who contacted me said to rotate the needle just past top, and it would come
out cleanly. It works.

Now, is there a disengage for when you wind bobbins? Something where the
flywheel will just spin and not all the up and down mechanism?

Singer 111w155 . I'm getting this slowly running good. Just a couple of
small adjustments to go.

Steve

Did you acquire a copy of the handbook/manual? See
http://safemanuals.com/user-guide-instructions-owner-manual/SINGER/111W155-_E
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
Old January 6th 09, 02:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Ron Anderson

"SteveB" wrote in message
I found out one of the problems I was having. When finished sewing, I'd
pull out the material, and three threads would come out the bottom. A
local who contacted me said to rotate the needle just past top, and it
would come out cleanly. It works.

Now, is there a disengage for when you wind bobbins? Something where the
flywheel will just spin and not all the up and down mechanism?

Singer 111w155 . I'm getting this slowly running good. Just a couple of
small adjustments to go.

Steve

On industrial machines with the table mount bobbin winder you do not
disengage the hand wheel to wind bobbins. Bobbin winding is done while you
are sewing as the winder works off the belt. That is why there are 2 spots
for spools on the thread stand. Some also buy prewound bobbins, you buy them
buy the gross in any one color.
Be sure not to let the extra thread dangle off the spool stand as it will
get wound around the hand wheel in a flash. Tie it off to the bobbin winder
stud.

--
Ron Anderson A1 Sewing Machine
18 Dingman Rd Sand Lake, NY 12153

Old January 6th 09, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
SteveB[_7_]

wrote in message ...
SteveB wrote:
I found out one of the problems I was having. When finished sewing, I'd
pull out the material, and three threads would come out the bottom. A
local who contacted me said to rotate the needle just past top, and it
would come out cleanly. It works.

Now, is there a disengage for when you wind bobbins? Something where the
flywheel will just spin and not all the up and down mechanism?

Singer 111w155 . I'm getting this slowly running good. Just a couple of
small adjustments to go.

Steve

Did you acquire a copy of the handbook/manual? See
http://safemanuals.com/user-guide-instructions-owner-manual/SINGER/111W155-_E
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK

Yes, I have long ago. I made some adjustments using it, and have a couple
of more to do. It's just that the manual says there's a disengage, and not
one on my machine in the place indicated in the manual.

Thanks

Steve

Old January 6th 09, 05:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
SteveB[_7_]

"Ron Anderson" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

thanks for the suggestions. I talked to a sewer, and he gave me some
suggestions also. One about Tenara thread. Is it worth all the money to
have thread that will last for years on an outdoors application? What would
be the less expensive alternative?

Steve

Old January 7th 09, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Ron Anderson

[...]

I can not answer thread questions. I am a machine man. That said my
experience tells me cheap thread is no bargain.

Old January 7th 09, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

SteveB wrote:

thanks for the suggestions. I talked to a sewer, and he gave me some
suggestions also. One about Tenara thread. Is it worth all the money to
have thread that will last for years on an outdoors application? What would
be the less expensive alternative?

If the FABRIC will easily last 10 years of outdoor use, do you want it
falling to bits in three because you didn't use the right thread?

My thought is always use the thread best suited to the project, even if
it is expensive.
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Walking Foot Jack Schmidling Sewing 21 April 2nd 06 02:12 PM
walking foot necessary? cozyhomelife Quilting 14 November 23rd 05 05:58 PM
walking foot Becky Quilting 27 June 16th 04 04:03 PM
Walking Foot D&D Quilting 17 April 2nd 04 03:08 AM
Walking Foot Karlee in Kansas Quilting 1 December 13th 03 10:38 PM