who is snowed in today? (Tuesday 2/1)

Old February 1st 11, 05:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

Default who is snowed in today? (Tuesday 2/1)

We're not snowed in, but ice on the road closed schools this a.m. while
we await more "mixed mess" later today. I'm just happy not to be at work
and have a quiet day at home today!

Planning to get some extra stitching done, and maybe attack a closet
that's long overdue for a cleanout. DD used it as a dumping ground, and
now she's not here (away at school), so it's my call on how to dispose
of the contents.

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old February 1st 11, 07:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

We had all the warnings of ice but.....
we dodged a bullet. Not every much ice at all although most
of the schools had a two hour delay. DB who was going into work
early had no trouble. They warn we could get some tonight before
it goes to rain again. Only, "only" expecting about an inch of snow
tomorrow when it goes back to snow again.

Temps are in the upper 30s. Not bad and the ice in the driveway
is finally melting with a little help from some salt. Hopefully most
we be gone before we enter the deep freeze again.

I finally put away the Xmas decorations that had been sitting on
the ping pong table since we "undecorated." It finally wasn't too
cold in the basement to tackle that chore.

Hope to get some stitching done. I frogged all of the TW
hummingbird and started over, didn't like the way it was
looking. Hers was on 18 count floba and I'm working on
28 count.

Nancy

Nancy
Old February 1st 11, 09:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce[_4_]

On 01/02/2011 17:52, Susan Hartman wrote:
We're not snowed in, but ice on the road closed schools this a.m. while
we await more "mixed mess" later today. I'm just happy not to be at work
and have a quiet day at home today!
Planning to get some extra stitching done, and maybe attack a closet
that's long overdue for a cleanout. DD used it as a dumping ground, and
now she's not here (away at school), so it's my call on how to dispose
of the contents.
sue

No snow up here thank goodness. Hope you're all managing to stay warm &
dry. However, we've got gale F8 winds for the next few days and on
Friday the forecast is for an 11 metre (36 feet) swell.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

Old February 2nd 11, 12:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

On Feb 1, 9:52*am, Susan Hartman wrote:
We're not snowed in, but ice on the road closed schools this a.m. while
we await more "mixed mess" later today. I'm just happy not to be at work

T-shirt weather here

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA
Old February 2nd 11, 01:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/1/11 12:52 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

We're not snowed in, but ice on the road closed schools this a.m. while
we await more "mixed mess" later today. I'm just happy not to be at work
and have a quiet day at home today!

Planning to get some extra stitching done, and maybe attack a closet
that's long overdue for a cleanout. DD used it as a dumping ground, and
now she's not here (away at school), so it's my call on how to dispose
of the contents.

sue

Tuesday = phone call to come pick up DD as she heard the bus driver was
"freaking out" over the little amount in the AM (then again it could be the
students she has). On Tuesdays and Fridays I drive DD to school - it just
works better. Stayed home other than the drive to the bank and school.

Today - we're all home. Roads are a mess, the forecast calls for icing later
(or did that change again).

Goal - read and stitch!

Cheryl

Old February 2nd 11, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Feb 2, 7:06*am, Cathy from KY in CA wrote:
On Feb 1, 9:52*am, Susan Hartman wrote:

We're not snowed in, but ice on the road closed schools this a.m. while
we await more "mixed mess" later today. I'm just happy not to be at work

T-shirt weather here

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

Before we head into the deep freeze again...
it's 49 and sunny.

At least that groundhog didn't see his
shadow.....spring to arrive soon.

Nancy
Old February 2nd 11, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Feb 2, 9:46*am, Nancy wrote:
On Feb 2, 7:06*am, Cathy from KY in CA wrote:

On Feb 1, 9:52*am, Susan Hartman wrote:

We're not snowed in, but ice on the road closed schools this a.m. while
we await more "mixed mess" later today. I'm just happy not to be at work

T-shirt weather here

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

Before we head into the deep freeze again...
it's 49 and sunny.

At least that groundhog didn't see his
shadow.....spring to arrive soon.

Nancy

Bad form.....but.....

That lasted all of about 2 hours.
Back down in the low thirties with a
howling wind. Heading to the teens.
Sigh.

Nancy
Old February 5th 11, 02:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 2/2/2011 12:12 PM, Nancy wrote:
On Feb 2, 9:46 am, wrote:
On Feb 2, 7:06 am, Cathy from KY in wrote:

On Feb 1, 9:52 am, Susan wrote:

We're not snowed in, but ice on the road closed schools this a.m. while
we await more "mixed mess" later today. I'm just happy not to be at work

T-shirt weather here

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

Before we head into the deep freeze again...
it's 49 and sunny.

At least that groundhog didn't see his
shadow.....spring to arrive soon.

Nancy

Bad form.....but.....

That lasted all of about 2 hours.
Back down in the low thirties with a
howling wind. Heading to the teens.
Sigh.

Nancy

Oh, Nancy...I watched the groundhog make the prediction. ( It just
happened to be on as I crawled out of bed on a chilly morning in
Florida..about 45 0r so) I didn't believe him...he looked a tad shifty
to me !!LOL

Gillian

Snowed in!! Marilyn Quilting 3 February 15th 07 08:04 PM
Snowed in!! Pam in Spencerport Quilting 4 February 15th 07 08:01 PM
Snowed in!! Allison Quilting 0 February 14th 07 04:14 PM
OT- Snowed In !!! Rachel T. Beads 1 December 23rd 04 10:51 PM
simply quilts today (tuesday June 22) Roberta Quilting 11 June 23rd 04 05:23 PM