Bambi beads

Old September 22nd 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Su

Default Bambi beads

Susan B. wrote:

Hi Su - I love white hearts - I think you're right, they glow from the
inside out. No pics yet, but I'll make sure I take some next week. Su -
I've heard most people are quite happy with the very inexpensive
tumblers they get from Harbor Freight. Maybe one of your American
buddy's could mail you one?? (No Harbor Freigh in Canada or I'd offer).

Thanks for the offer, Susan, but there's a voltage difference in the
UK, things run on 220 rather than 110-120! I still get nervous each
time I plug the phone charger into something that looks like it should
be powering a water heater or clothes dryer.

I'll keep an eye out on eBay, with luck I might find one, it looks like
fun for our son anyway, he's the right age to enjoy rock tumbling.

I am lucky that Mike is willing to try the sorts of beads I love, as it
would get very ugly if I had to hold his coral and turquoise glass
hostage to get more whitehearts! I stacked up a bundle of transparent
glass with some white rods as a hint for his next day in the studio.
Think he'll take the hint?

Make sure you post a link to the photos, I love your beads and am
always looking out for them.

-Su

www.tillermanbeads.co.uk
www.britishlampwork.co.uk

Old September 25th 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Susan B.

Oh right, I forgot about the voltage difference. I think EBay might be
a good bet then - it seems like kids grow out of rock collecting at
some point - although in my family that's not true - we have 3
geologists and my mom who took lots of geology courses. It made our
trip to the Rockies this weekend lots of fun - experts every way I
turned while we were hiking :-). Autumn in the mountains is so amazing,
lots of colour inspiration.

--
Susan in CA(NADA)