blog...????

Old March 16th 05, 10:17 PM
Els van Dam

Default blog...????

Could someone please explain "blog" I think it has totally gone by me.
Most words only expressed in capital letters to shorten the word are
totally lost on me/ (word blindness) I pass them by, since they are often
a frustration. With all this talk about "blog", I need help with this, so
it becomes clear what it means.

Thank you

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old March 16th 05, 10:22 PM
Carey N.

"Els van Dam" wrote in message
Could someone please explain "blog" I think it has totally gone by me.
Most words only expressed in capital letters to shorten the word are
totally lost on me/ (word blindness) I pass them by, since they are often
a frustration. With all this talk about "blog", I need help with this, so
it becomes clear what it means.

Thank you

Els

--

Els:

I believe it stands for "web log," as in an online journal. Just another
odd contraction. (Sort of like my little cat whose name is "Little Bit,"
supposed to be shortened to "li'l Bit" but who I always call "LiBit.")
--
Carey in MA

Old March 16th 05, 10:37 PM
Els van Dam

In article ik2_d.3671$jt6.2149@trndny07, "Carey N."
wrote:

"Els van Dam" wrote in message
Could someone please explain "blog" I think it has totally gone by me.
Most words only expressed in capital letters to shorten the word are
totally lost on me/ (word blindness) I pass them by, since they are often
a frustration. With all this talk about "blog", I need help with this, so
it becomes clear what it means.

Thank you

Els

--

Els:

I believe it stands for "web log," as in an online journal. Just another
odd contraction. (Sort of like my little cat whose name is "Little Bit,"
supposed to be shortened to "li'l Bit" but who I always call "LiBit.")
--
Carey in MA

Thank you Carey, for a understandable explanation. No wonder I am
confused....LOL

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old March 16th 05, 11:24 PM
Carey N.

wrote:

"Els van Dam" wrote in message
[...]

The following is a URL for an acronym finder database. I find it comes in
handy and keep it on my "Favorite Sites" listing in Internet Explorer.

http://www.acronymfinder.com/

--
Carey in MA

Old March 17th 05, 02:59 AM
Katherine

Els van Dam wrote:
Could someone please explain "blog" I think it has totally gone by
me. Most words only expressed in capital letters to shorten the word
are totally lost on me/ (word blindness) I pass them by, since they
are often a frustration. With all this talk about "blog", I need
help with this, so it becomes clear what it means.

It is kind of like a diary on the Internet. It is a record kept by an
individual, but it open for others to read. SOme people have blogs to record
specific things - like knitting projects, gardening projects, weight loss,
and the like, while others have them to record their daily lives.

HTH

Katherine

Old March 17th 05, 03:19 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Els van Dam wrote:
Could someone please explain "blog" I think it has totally gone by
me. Most words only expressed in capital letters to shorten the word
are totally lost on me/ (word blindness) I pass them by, since they
are often a frustration. With all this talk about "blog", I need
help with this, so it becomes clear what it means.

It is kind of like a diary on the Internet. It is a record kept by an
individual, but it open for others to read. SOme people have blogs to record
specific things - like knitting projects, gardening projects, weight loss,
and the like, while others have them to record their daily lives.

HTH

Katherine

Thanks Katherine for the additional information. It is clear now....I am
just a bit slow sometimes....LOL, so it is nice when I get some good
explanations, just to stay in tune. Also, I can understand better what
the tread from Ranee was all about.

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old March 17th 05, 03:39 AM
Els van Dam

In article We3_d.6371$FB6.3525@trndny09, "Carey N."
wrote:

Els,
The following is a URL for an acronym finder database. I find it comes in
handy and keep it on my "Favorite Sites" listing in Internet Explorer.

http://www.acronymfinder.com/

--
Carey in MA

Dear Carey a big hug for you. I was looking for the spelling of the word
"acronym", this afternoon, however, it can become very difficult to find
a word if you do not at least have a bit of the word to start you off.
But I have also learned that there are always people around to help you if
you just ask for help. Thanks guys you are a great bunch.

As long as we are talking to gether we will learn to listen and to share.

For everyone in the conversation on religion and blogs, if we all listen a
bit more, and say a bit less, we will get there. I would not want to miss
any of you no matter what your believes are. I was raised with out a
religeon. I love all the blessings I get form all of you, no matter what
religion it originates in. The bases of most all religions are for
caring, love and sharing. I have found it the many years here that that
is exactly what you all have shared with me. Thank you
Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old March 17th 05, 06:15 PM

Hi Els,

I love the way you put your feelings. I do agree that no matter what we
are I feel we are all blessed to be in such a thoughtful caring group.

Hugs,

Nora

Old March 19th 05, 10:59 AM
Katherine

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Els van Dam wrote:
[...]

I find that I learn new things about the internet every day!

Katherine

Old March 19th 05, 10:02 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Els,
I find that I learn new things about the internet every day!

Katherine

Same here and not just about the internet either....LOL

Els

--
hate spam not welcome