Need material like linoleum without twine backing

Old August 9th 04, 11:18 AM
Doc

Default Need material like linoleum without twine backing

I'm looking for some material that has the same characteristics as the
olive/tan colored linoleum you find in art supply stores. I.e. - can be
precisely sanded, readily cut with an X-acto knife etc. I would need it to
come either in approx. 1/8" sheets or be readily mixable so that you could
pour it into a flat sheet of uniform thickness.

The reason I ask is I can't seem to find the linoleum in the art stores
without the twine backing molded into it and the cloth gets in the way of
what I'm trying to do with it. Does it come in those thin sheets without the
backing?

Thanks!

Old August 9th 04, 03:49 PM
fcorliss

Try:

http://www.dickblick.com/categories/blockprinting/

ink.net...

Old August 9th 04, 08:57 PM
Karen

fcorliss wrote:
Try:

http://www.dickblick.com/categories/blockprinting/

"Doc" wrote in message
ink.net...

I'm looking for some material that has the same characteristics as the
olive/tan colored linoleum you find in art supply stores. I.e. - can be
precisely sanded, readily cut with an X-acto knife etc. I would need it to
come either in approx. 1/8" sheets or be readily mixable so that you could
pour it into a flat sheet of uniform thickness.

The reason I ask is I can't seem to find the linoleum in the art stores
without the twine backing molded into it and the cloth gets in the way of
what I'm trying to do with it. Does it come in those thin sheets without

the

backing?

Thanks!

I'm curious, what do you do with it?
Old August 9th 04, 09:02 PM
Helen Halla Fleischer

Have you looked at some of the places that sell flooring lately? I've seen
articles in the local paper about linoleum coming in tile form now rather
than just sheets. Maybe that doesn't have the twine?

| On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 10:18:45 GMT, "Doc" wrote:

I'm looking for some material that has the same characteristics as the
olive/tan colored linoleum you find in art supply stores. I.e. - can be
precisely sanded, readily cut with an X-acto knife etc. I would need it to
come either in approx. 1/8" sheets or be readily mixable so that you could
pour it into a flat sheet of uniform thickness.

The reason I ask is I can't seem to find the linoleum in the art stores
without the twine backing molded into it and the cloth gets in the way of
what I'm trying to do with it. Does it come in those thin sheets without the
backing?

Thanks!

Helen "Halla" Fleischer, Fantasy & Fiber Artist
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Balticon Art Program Coordinator http://www.balticon.org
Old August 12th 04, 10:33 PM
Doc

"Karen" wrote in message

I'm curious, what do you do with it?

Using it to make a mold of something. The linoleum has perfect properties -
sandable, can be routered etc.

Old August 23rd 04, 02:22 PM
irish.red

Many people cure pc and cut it. It is easily sanded. Either Premo, Fimo
or Kato clay should work.

Kim