Wendy Gell new member

Old October 1st 03, 02:54 AM
Wendy Gell

Default Wendy Gell new member

Hi,
I've just joined this group. I've been a professional jewelry designer and
artist for many years,
New York based in the 70's and 80's. Now I work out of my home in CT.
I'll be moving to Oregon soon and am selling allot of really great art craft
and jewelry supplies on ebay.
Please have a look if you like.
Also the website has been updated.
Love
Wendy
http://www.wendygell.com/
Wendy Gell Jewelry Murano Glass Circles
Here's one of my material lots on ebay you can search sellers other auctions
for more.
Have a great day,
Wendy

Old October 1st 03, 03:08 AM
Peter W. Rowe

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:54:46 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry "Wendy Gell"
wrote:

Hi,
I've just joined this group. I've been a professional jewelry designer and
artist for many years,
New York based in the 70's and 80's. Now I work out of my home in CT.
I'll be moving to Oregon soon and am selling allot of really great art craft
and jewelry supplies on ebay.

Welcome to rec.crafts.jewelry, Wendy.

For the record, you should know that technically, I should have rejected your
posting on the grounds that the group is non-commercial, and advertising things
for sale on ebay auctions, isn't allowed by the group charter. But it seems the
ad portion of your post may not have been the main thrust of it, plus you're
moving almost out to my neck of the woods (I'm in Seattle, WA), and I had a
good day and am feeling mellower than usual. So I let you get away with it this
time. In future, please refrain from advertising or including links to ebay
auctions in your posts. The reason is simple, by the way. If I allowed ebay
ads, the group would quickly become over run with the things. The main function
of this moderated newsgroup is the discussion of the craft of jewelry, and it's
various aspects, including lapidary, gemology, and general business aspects of
being a jeweler or a jewelry customer. It's not a place to sell jewelry.
Advertisements can be allowed for things like used tools and equipment and books
and the like, or even stones, beads, hard to find materials if the sale is
directly from the ad, not a link to an auction site, AND the sale is an unusual
one time thing like a closout, or your moving sale. See the group FAQ for a
more complete discussion.

Note that there IS one longtime traditional usenet loophole to advertising
restrictions. It's generally considered acceptable to include things like a
link to your website, even if it's commercial in nature, in your signature file,
which appends to the end of posts you send. So long as it doesn't dominate your
postings, it simply serves to help identify who you are for the group, but in so
doing, does get your contact links out there if you wish.

Good luck with your move. If you hurry, you might get out here while the
weather is still beautiful, before the fall and winter rains start in earnest...

Peter Rowe
moderator
rec.crafts.jewelry
(seattle)

Old October 8th 03, 06:39 AM
Jesse Kaufman

Hi Wendy!

Welcome to the group. :-)

Jesse

CAD/CAM Technology
Handcrafted Originality
www.jdkjewelry.com

New member Kathy Haynes Beads 19 September 28th 04 11:56 PM
From Dan/A New Member Dan Carving 0 July 20th 04 01:46 AM
RCB Member Links page update Valerie Beads 1 May 3rd 04 03:12 AM
Wendy Tobler Dr. Sooz Beads 2 April 8th 04 11:18 PM