2 quilt tops finished -- well, maybe 1½

Old November 29th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

Default 2 quilt tops finished -- well, maybe 1½

There are in my "Quilts in Progress" Album at Webshots.

One is only a 28" x 28" neo-natal quiltie top. Can't count that as a full
top!! Must be totally done by next Saturday. I'm ignoring my light bulb
problem to get more done on the little quiltie today. If I'm hand sewing
the binding by Monday evening, I'll be happy.

The other is 40-something by 40-something else. It's my entry into the
About.com Arizona Challenge. We just have to have the top done by January
15.

So now I feel like I've truly accomplished something over this Track Break
from school. Must return to school on Monday. Then we go on December 20 we
start our 2-week Winter Break.

--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

Old November 29th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

The Christmassy quilt for teenies is fun; but I love the Arizona
challenge. Is that a Navaho pattern? It seems reminiscent of that
style, to me? I love the fabrics.
..
In message , Kay Ahr
writes
There are in my "Quilts in Progress" Album at Webshots.

One is only a 28" x 28" neo-natal quiltie top. Can't count that as a
full top!! Must be totally done by next Saturday. I'm ignoring my
light bulb problem to get more done on the little quiltie today. If
I'm hand sewing the binding by Monday evening, I'll be happy.

The other is 40-something by 40-something else. It's my entry into the
About.com Arizona Challenge. We just have to have the top done by
January 15.

So now I feel like I've truly accomplished something over this Track
Break from school. Must return to school on Monday. Then we go on
December 20 we start our 2-week Winter Break.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 29th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_6_]

The Christmas neo-natal quiltie is cute, but I *really* like the Arizona
challenge quilt. Is it from a pattern or did you design it yourself? The
colors and design are perfect!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old November 29th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Kay Ahr" wrote:

There are in my "Quilts in Progress" Album at Webshots.

One is only a 28" x 28" neo-natal quiltie top. Can't count that as a full
top!! Must be totally done by next Saturday. I'm ignoring my light bulb
problem to get more done on the little quiltie today. If I'm hand sewing
the binding by Monday evening, I'll be happy.

The other is 40-something by 40-something else. It's my entry into the
About.com Arizona Challenge. We just have to have the top done by January
15.

So now I feel like I've truly accomplished something over this Track Break
from school. Must return to school on Monday. Then we go on December 20 we
start our 2-week Winter Break.

Good for you, Kay! I *love* that Arizona Challenge quilt!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old November 29th 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

wow, great job on both, Kay.
the baby born during the xmas holidays will love that quilt for a very long
time.

your Arizona challenge design should come up trumps.
i love the colours, excellent for Arizona.
the design goes without saying, tis perfect as well.
you're keep'n a right busy little bee.
j.

"Kay Ahr" wrote...

Old November 30th 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

Oops, forgot to give credit for the pattern. The three center columns
surrounded by black is a design by Janet Wickell of About.com. She calls it
Through the Windows. She was inspired by a carpet.

See
http://quilting.about.com/b/2008/11/...lt-pattern.htm.
She also has a link to her Arizona Challenge there.

I just put on more borders. Found the stripe with Kokopelli in it and
decided that particular border would be the width of the Kokopelli part of
the stripe.

--

"Patti" wrote in message
The Christmassy quilt for teenies is fun; but I love the Arizona
challenge. Is that a Navaho pattern? It seems reminiscent of that style,
to me? I love the fabrics.
.
In message , Kay Ahr
writes

Old November 30th 08, 02:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

They look great Kay. Your bearcat is one cutie. You have some
great action shots of him.

If I explained your problem with the light bulb to dh right he says it
is oxidization. Once you get the bulb out make sure power is OFF
and clean with some alcohol. You might even have to scrape it a
bit. Won't be dangerous to run with it but the yucky stuff impedes
a good contact. HTH.
Taria

Old November 30th 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

A quilt is a quilt IMO, no minimum size requirement! You have a great
way with colors -I really like both of these!
Roberta in D

Old November 30th 08, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

Thank you! I've enjoyed playing with colors since I got my first box of
Crayolas. And the boxes keep getting more and more colors as the decades go
by!

Old November 30th 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

The neo-natal quilt is just delightful, Kay, and I love the desert colors in
your AZ challenge. Whew! Those are some tough deadlines you're working
under!

Just got my sewing room back in commission. We took up the carpet and put
down tile. Doing the work ourselves so it took awhile. I'm looking forward
to getting back into the swing of sewing.
--
Michelle in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/desert_quilter