'Wrong' Beads

Old February 17th 05, 01:20 PM
JennMowatt

Have you ever seen beads that just looks 'wrong', pretty or nice
maybe, but 'wrong'?

Opaque Swarovski? I mean what's the point if it can't throw off
rainbows of color?

Jenn

Old February 17th 05, 01:44 PM
bluemaxx

Yeah... I love the opaque Swaro colors, but I agree with you as to the
sparkle loss.

How about Faceted Pearls? Yack... I saw a pic of some on eBay the
other day and they just looked... what was the word? Oh yeah... WRONG!

--
Linda
Visit my eBay Auctions - http://snipurl.com/twolegz

oups.com...
:

Old February 17th 05, 02:21 PM
Karen Sherwood

I felt the same way about facetted freshwater pearls when I first saw
them. They're vaguely disturbing. But, sadly, I've gotten used to them
and now have quite a stash. Tragic, really.

KarenS
Old February 17th 05, 04:12 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What's ugly to some are precious to
others!

B.

"Polly S." wrote in message
Have you ever seen beads that just looks 'wrong', pretty or nice maybe,
but 'wrong'?

I was just bead browsing at one of my favorite vendors and saw "Tigereye
faceted rondelle beads". Faceted Tigereye... for some reason that just
seemed wrong to me. I can't explain it more than that... just wrong!

I hope I am not suffering bead induced sensory overload or something...

Polly
I'm going hug my favorite baby nuggets just in case...

Old February 17th 05, 11:55 PM
Amber Gibson

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

don't you mean, the beadholder? LOL
Old February 18th 05, 01:35 AM
Polly S.

Amber Gibson wrote:
Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

don't you mean, the beadholder? LOL

Where's VJ when we need her?

OK I'll do it..

POINT!

=)

Polly
Old February 18th 05, 04:08 AM
katieW.

I TOTALLY agree on opaque Swaro.... to me it looks like an unfortunate
crystal that fell into a bucket of paint. Ditto on the yeck factor of
faceted pearls.

What really had me ROFL about this topic though is how we look at
things and think 'wrong'. When I am designing a piece, I may start and
undo my work several times because as I look at a single segment I know
it is 'wrong'. Most of the time I can't tell you WHY it is wrong, it
just is. Most of the time I don't even change the components, just
the order I am using them in or vary the balance. I tried to explain
this to a non-beady person and they just didn't 'get' it.

Old February 18th 05, 04:22 AM
Polly S.

katieW. wrote:
I TOTALLY agree on opaque Swaro.... to me it looks like an unfortunate
crystal that fell into a bucket of paint. Ditto on the yeck factor of
faceted pearls.

What really had me ROFL about this topic though is how we look at
things and think 'wrong'. When I am designing a piece, I may start and
undo my work several times because as I look at a single segment I know
it is 'wrong'. Most of the time I can't tell you WHY it is wrong, it
just is. Most of the time I don't even change the components, just
the order I am using them in or vary the balance. I tried to explain
this to a non-beady person and they just didn't 'get' it.

yep... I do the same. Usually I'll lay out 'kind of' what I want, then
I'll work until midway making little changes; as I get into the second
half I usually make some real changes and then go back an redo the first
half! And then sometimes take it all apart and start over because its
just not right!!! lol

Polly

Old February 18th 05, 02:15 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

She's off playing with Jalynne!

B.

(embarassed to have missed that most obvious of puns)

Old February 18th 05, 06:34 PM
Polly S.

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:
She's off playing with Jalynne!

Oh, she pulled a ng hit and run last night... so now she prolly either
resting or playing!!! =)

Polly