Help!! Fitted sheets

Old July 1st 03, 12:29 PM
Stefani276

Default Help!! Fitted sheets

I think I remember reading in the Kwik-Sew book about sewing for babies the way
to measure for crib sheets was this: measure the top width and length of the
crib mattress. Measure the depth, add 5-6 inches. Add this to the width and
depth, and this is the minimum your raw fabric should measure. I always used
the 2 yard length of 45 wide fabric with 8 inch cut out of the corners as well
if I didnt have the actual measurements.

Hope this helps.

Stefanie
Old July 26th 03, 02:18 AM
marysews

"T" wrote in message ...

edges down at all. it definately can not be used... does anyone have
directions that work better than these? or can u tell me whats bad with

Try these instructions: http://www.andsewitis.net/sewing/sheets.html
Old July 26th 03, 05:28 PM
SewStorm

You know, if I were making sheets, I would definitely miter the corners of the
top sheets, too. Wouldn't that make sense?

Hmm, maybe I should do that to all my flat sheets, anyway! Would sure help with
making the bed, and I'm all for making anything easier these days.
Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Old July 26th 03, 05:38 PM
Jean D Mahavier

"SewStorm" wrote in message
You know, if I were making sheets, I would definitely miter the corners of

the
top sheets, too. Wouldn't that make sense?

Hmm, maybe I should do that to all my flat sheets, anyway! Would sure help

with
making the bed, and I'm all for making anything easier these days.
Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

When I had a hide-a-bed I made a set of sheets for it (queen-size sofabeds
are *not*
queen-size). I took a couple of king-size sheets and mitered only one end
of each to the
width of the mattress.

When I made that bed up for guests I put the mitered end at the head for the
bottom
sheet and put the top one on as god intended. Held the foot of the bottom
sheet tucked
in. Have never done this for the other beds, though... Hmmm...

Old July 26th 03, 05:53 PM

SewStorm wrote:
You know, if I were making sheets, I would definitely miter the corners of the
top sheets, too. Wouldn't that make sense?

When I was a little girl, all the top sheets we bought were mitered at
the bottom corners.

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Old July 26th 03, 06:36 PM
Kate Dicey

SewStorm wrote:

You know, if I were making sheets, I would definitely miter the corners of the
top sheets, too. Wouldn't that make sense?

Hmm, maybe I should do that to all my flat sheets, anyway! Would sure help with
making the bed, and I'm all for making anything easier these days.
Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

AAKK! NO! I like to be able to stick me toesis out the bottom! ;P
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old July 26th 03, 08:52 PM
Valkyrie

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
SewStorm wrote:

You know, if I were making sheets, I would definitely miter the corners

of the
top sheets, too. Wouldn't that make sense?

Hmm, maybe I should do that to all my flat sheets, anyway! Would sure

help with
making the bed, and I'm all for making anything easier these days.
Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

AAKK! NO! I like to be able to stick me toesis out the bottom! ;P
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

~gasp~ OMG.......I'm with you on this one Kate, if my feet don't have air I
can't BREATHE!!!

Val

Old July 27th 03, 02:02 PM
Jean D Mahavier

SewStorm wrote:
You know, if I were making sheets, I would definitely miter the corners
of the top sheets, too. Wouldn't that make sense?
Hmm, maybe I should do that to all my flat sheets, anyway! Would sure
help with making the bed, and I'm all for making anything easier these
days. Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Just remember to leave room for the feet under the sheet.

pics uploaded and question about fabric sheets DrQuilter Quilting 10 January 6th 05 01:54 PM
HOW RUBBER STAMPS ARE MADE & how i made $$$ - I AM SELLING MY MACHINE AND METAL SHEETS Nintendo DS 4 Sale Rubberstamps 3 November 28th 04 12:28 PM
AD: Hundreds of sheets of Unmounted Stamps. Free Shipping. NWStamps.com Rubberstamps 0 October 9th 03 03:46 PM
sheets Diane Carter Quilting 12 September 3rd 03 08:37 PM
revitalizing old or stiff clay sheets Sjpolyclay Polymer Clay 0 July 16th 03 04:53 PM