Sims..

Old July 25th 03, 04:56 AM
JAKL

Default Sims..

"torture" the people I'm irritated with...For example, put them in a house
with no door and no bathroom...LOL!!!! Very therapeutic!

Oh you wicked girl, you! I LOVE it!

I have a friend who built a house with no windows, no doors, but a chimney -
with a fire burning in the fireplace. Managed to get several hundred Simpeople
in for a houseparty and then watched em all suicide as they tried to escape out
the fireplace.....
and yes she is a SKEMER

Jenn L.
View My Webshots: http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
Current projects:
Chicago Skyline (The Needlecraftsman)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)

Old July 25th 03, 09:37 PM
Tracy

Hey, I have the neighbors from he** and by doing this I can vent in my own
way and no one is harmed in the least! I have a friend who put her ex-hubby
and new wife in a trailer and tortured them to no end. It harmed no one and
it got out some of her bad feelings.

Tracy

"LdyTegan" wrote in message
That's my big laugh for the day ! I believe you people are talking
about a software programme ?

Yes, Sheena.. it is a game.. and while I've not yet tried to torture any

of my
players, I can see how some of the creative ways mentioned could very well

BE
great stress relievers. It beats taking a gun into the nearest clock

tower,
don't ya think?

Tegan

Who we are never changes. Who we think we are... does.
- Unknown

---

Old July 26th 03, 05:31 AM
Rachel Janzen

That's my big laugh for the day ! I believe you people are talking
about a software programme ?

Yes, Sheena.. it is a game.. and while I've not yet tried to torture any

of my
players, I can see how some of the creative ways mentioned could very well

BE
great stress relievers. It beats taking a gun into the nearest clock

tower,
don't ya think?

Tegan

Actually I ran across an article not to long ago about how some people used
Sims games and the album feature to work though some of issues that grow out
of being abused. I thought of it last night, but tonight I actually had the
2% of ambition needed to go find it, and here's a link to it:
http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,2101,59461,00.html It's interesting
reading, and apparently from what I've gathered from reading the posts,
people use it even on a more unsophisticated level to deal with some of the
frustrations of everyday life. Like Tegan said, it's better than taking a
shotgun to the nearest clock tower, or to work, or to the post office, or to
school....

Rachel

Old July 26th 03, 07:23 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Sheena!!! it seems that your self chosen nickname Lucretia Borgia
really suits you more !!!!
You are smart enough to know why i think this is tasteless.
What amazes me everytime when i read/speak with people like you , that
all this smartness & cleverness can reside in a person who lacks
minimal compassion , and who takes her kicks in life by treadling over
other people`s sensitive hurting points.
mirjam

mpetent (JAKL) wrote:

"torture" the people I'm irritated with...For example, put them in a house
with no door and no bathroom...LOL!!!! Very therapeutic!

Oh you wicked girl, you! I LOVE it!

I have a friend who built a house with no windows, no doors, but a chimney -
with a fire burning in the fireplace. Managed to get several hundred Simpeople
in for a houseparty and then watched em all suicide as they tried to escape out
the fireplace.....
and yes she is a SKEMER

Jenn L.
View My Webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
Current projects:
Chicago Skyline (The Needlecraftsman)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)

That's my big laugh for the day ! I believe you people are talking
about a software programme ?

Really don't you know you must not be tasteless ? If you are, Pat and
I will send a Dalek to exterminate you !

Sheena

Old July 26th 03, 02:39 PM
F.James Cripwell

I agree with you Sheena, up to a point. It is one thing to
inadvertently give someone offence, without realizing that you are doing
anything wrong. It is an entirely different if someone is clearly
offended by a particular thread, makes it clear that they are offended,
and people still persist is pursuing the matter. That to me is just
plain rude and insensitive, however reasonable, important, just, etc.
people might think that the subject of the thread is.

) writes:
Yes, I do know Mirjam. However, it is not reasonable to expect that
people will not use words in common usage on that account.

People can for instance, make a joke about death. This would be
hurtful to read if someone close to you had died very recently.
However, most people realize that no hurt was intended and put it out
of their minds.

If one stops to think about it, there would almost nothing one could
say without giving someone, somewhere some pain or offence. Then
where would we be ? Especially on rctn ???

Sheena

--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any
Old July 26th 03, 03:00 PM
Caryn

People can for instance, make a joke about death. This would be
hurtful to read if someone close to you had died very recently.
However, most people realize that no hurt was intended and put it out
of their minds.

I know that people who deal with death and illness regularly make jokes about
it that most others would find highly offensive. It gives them a way to deal
with what they see every day.

To take offense to people saying they are using a computer game, full of
computer generated pixel "people", as a way to get rid of built up anger is
just extreme.

I think I'd rather live in a world where people can get out frustrations in an
entirely harmless manner than live with those people if they didn't have that
outlet.

That said...I think it's time for a major disaster in SimCity....

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old July 26th 03, 03:03 PM
Caryn

agree with you Sheena, up to a point. It is one thing to
inadvertently give someone offence, without realizing that you are doing
anything wrong. It is an entirely different if someone is clearly
offended by a particular thread, makes it clear that they are offended,
and people still persist is pursuing the matter. That to me is just
plain rude and insensitive, however reasonable, important, just, etc.
people might think that the subject of the thread is.

Jim,

So, one person who is offended has the right to censor the rest of the group if
they wish to discuss something that one person finds offensive?

I thought Canada also believed in free speech....perhaps I'm wrong?

Old July 26th 03, 07:19 PM
Dr. Brat

F.James Cripwell wrote:
I agree with you Sheena, up to a point. It is one thing to
inadvertently give someone offence, without realizing that you are doing
anything wrong. It is an entirely different if someone is clearly
offended by a particular thread, makes it clear that they are offended,
and people still persist is pursuing the matter. That to me is just
plain rude and insensitive, however reasonable, important, just, etc.
people might think that the subject of the thread is.

If someone is offended by a thread, they have the ability to walk away,
just as people do at a cocktail party. If the conversation bothers you,
go elsewhere. It's not like this is a sitdown dinner where one is
forced to listen to the others present.

Elizabeth

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*barnacle-encrusted bitch~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old July 26th 03, 07:28 PM
Dr. Brat

F.James Cripwell wrote:

Free speech does not entitle one the shout "FIRE" when there is no
fire, amongst a crowd of people, where the resulting panic causes some
of the people to get killed in the crush. There are limits to freedom of
speech. I regard my time talking to people on rctn in the same way as I
talk to guests in my home. If one such guest was extremely sensitive to a
particular subject, I am not going to exercise my "freedom of speech",
*espeially* in my own home, just because I have the right to do so. I
will not subject any guest in my house to be abused, and if anyone else
tries it, I will be very rude to them. I have *exactly* the same attitude
to postings on rctn. If I see people, like Sheena and Pat Porter, being
rude to people like Trish Brown, I will not be silent. And if you, Caryn,
dont like it - tough. Put me on your kill file.

Why is it that you have one set of rules for yourself but a different
one for everybody else? It's ok for you to be rude to people and if we
don't like it we should killfile you, but you don't killfile the people
whom you consider to be rude and instead go on and on ad naseum about
something that happened months ago. It's over. Trish is an adult and
she made her choice. You might try getting over it.

Elizabeth