split skirt

Old July 29th 03, 09:42 AM
Charlie

Both. It's a big flowery pattern in a kind of khaki green and very dark
briwn / black and the fabric is sort of like mens swim shorts. I'm sure I
could find a supplier in the US but I doubt it'll be easy over here. It's
definatly more of an "American" fabric. I bought several items of clothes
back from Mexico all made in this same weight / type of fabric and it's
really lovely for sports shorts.

Charlie.

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
Charlie wrote:
Yup, that's the name I was searching for! I got my favourite pair in
Mexico, but they're short shorts. It's a really great print, but I just
can't find similar fabric to do another pair!

A similar print, or a similar fabric type?

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Old July 29th 03, 02:20 PM
Emily

I think the one I have is a Vogue, but it's very similar to what Nancy
described. It may still be in one of the
big 3 books.
Emily

Old July 29th 03, 04:20 PM

Trishty wrote:
I know there's another pattern almost identical to Tahoe Pant on
www.sewingpatterns.com, and it was cheaper, but I can't remember who it's
by, so you'd have to search if you were interested.

You are CRUEL, Trish. I had to go look on every single pattern co. to
see if I could find it.

But I did find Vogue 7410v, which looks interesting, and Vogue 7178v,
which looks exactly like what Kitty wants if I am not reading the blurry
photo wrong.

Old July 29th 03, 10:39 PM
Trishty

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:20:43 GMT, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply
wrote:

You are CRUEL, Trish. I had to go look on every single pattern co. to
see if I could find it.

Oops, sorry.

Isn't it a pain? You can't choose page 5 of 18, or whatever, you have to
scroll through the lot.

Those Vogues aren't what I had in mind, but they are very nice. You can see
them more clearly on Vogue's own site, and they're usually cheaper there
too, BTW...

Trish
Old July 30th 03, 02:58 AM
Tom and Nancy Teigen

Found it in the depths of the sewing room. It is a Butterick
"classics" pattern # 5058. I think I got in around 1991 or 1992. I
believe it was in the pattern book for a few more years, but I haven't
seen it lately.

Nancy

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:58:47 -0700, "Valkyrie"
wrote:

Perhaps you could give us just a little hint as to the year the pattern book
came out or maybe even tell us your secret pattern number. There are many
sites, including Butterick.com, that sell discontinued patterns.

Val

"Tom and Nancy Teigen" wrote in message
. ..
I have an old out-of-print Butterick pattern for a split skirt that is
long and flowing, looks like a skirt. I have made it up probably a
dozen times, always get compliments on it. Works best with a soft
flowy fabric such as rayon. It has 3 pleats on each side of the
waistband with one set meeting at the center front seam. The key seems
to be having the pleats fold towards the center. I made another skirt
with the pleats folding the opposite way and it didn't look as good.
This pattern has an elastic back with a regular waistband in front.
You might want to check out Butterick - there may be another similiar
pattern in their current catalog.
Good luck!
Nancy

Old August 1st 03, 11:02 PM
Trishty

On 01 Aug 2003 15:06:14 GMT, SewStorm wrote:

The pattern I meant was Vogue 7648. It is very like the Tahoe Pant, but the
front wrap drops slightly and fastens with a buckle rather than a button,

This is a gorgeous style, Trish. It has the wierdest back darts I've ever seen,
though. Wonder how those slanted darts work? Hmmm.
Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

I was racking my brains to think what they remind me of, and finally the
penny's dropped. There is a Charles James design in the V&A - a wedding
dress in cream satin - and it has similar darts. In this case they are
continuations of bust darts that wrap right round the sides of the body and
finish almost in the centre back - very slinky. You can see a good close-up
of them in the book Modern Fashion in Detail. But how to do them? Mmn, as
you say. It would be interesting to have a gander at the pattern. My credit
card is itching...

Trish
Old August 2nd 03, 03:00 PM
SewStorm

Trish, I think I've also seen that type darts in a recent Issey Miyake Vogue
pattern--maybe one of the ones with the snap tape holding the pleats across the
body? I don't have any of that series of patterns, but it seems to me they have
similar darting.

Anyone have this pattern to check on these diagonal darts?

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Old August 3rd 03, 01:24 PM
SewStorm

if that's so, I may have to deal with it soon - I bought Vogue 2438
as part of a batch on Ebay, which is a dress with a fake front closure, the
pleats pulled in with snap tape -

Yes, that just the one. My memory may be hazy on the details, though, so let me
know when you get it if it has these weird darts, okay?

You'll have fun sewing that one! evil grin
Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Old August 6th 03, 02:46 AM
Tom and Nancy Teigen

Found it in the depths of the sewing room. It is a Butterick
"classics" pattern 5058. I believe I purchased it in 1991 or 1992. I
think it was in the catalog a few years after that, but haven't seen

Old August 6th 03, 02:46 AM
Tom and Nancy Teigen

Found it in the depths of the sewing room. It is a Butterick
"classics" number 5058. I believe I purchased it in 1991 or 1992. I
think it was in the pattern books for a few years after that, but I
haven't seen it for several years.