Pattern problem -- I need someone who can think better than me

Old January 22nd 05, 06:49 PM
nana2b

Hi Giselle, I am working on the Hot Flashes BOM quilt also. In fact I am
doing 2 at one time. One is for me and one is for my sister who will be 50
in 2006. Nothing like getting a jump on things.

Linda in Tx

Old January 22nd 05, 08:33 PM
\Pussywillow\ Volfie

"nana2b" wrote in message
Hi Giselle, I am working on the Hot Flashes BOM quilt also. In fact I

am
doing 2 at one time. One is for me and one is for my sister who will be

50
in 2006. Nothing like getting a jump on things.

Linda in Tx

Usually if I start now the recipient might see it before the end of the
decade so starting now for a gift in 2006 sounds like you're rushing
yourself.

Did you get your kit from Homestead Fabrics, too?

Giselle (I *love* the batiks!)

Old January 22nd 05, 09:03 PM
Patti

Hurray!
I'm so pleased to read about your test blocks g
I used to be a plunge straight in person, too. But now I test patterns
and quilting - more or less whatever, if I haven't done it before. In
the end it saves a lot more than money g
..
In article , "\"Pussywillow\"
Volfie" writes

I will try to get someone to take photos and put them on the 'net for me but
I don't have all the necessary equipment myself. I have two blocks done
now. I'm using black (tone on tone or prodominently black) backgrounds but
for the color fabric I'm using shiny, solid color fabrics and/or fabric with
gold printed on it. They look pretty nice. I can't wait to see it done.

NOW I'm working on a BoTM kit that I bought last year: Hot Flashes. I have
all the fabrics but I just didn't have the nerve to start cutting it out.
I've finally decided to just do a test block in other fabrics so I can make
sure I cut the more precious fabric right. I used to be too lazy to do that
but I'm finally sick of goofing up the expensive fabrics. I just keep
telling myself that I'll have two quilts for the bother of one this way.

I'm *REALLY* enjoying this snowy, blowy, can't-do-much-else day.

Giselle

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 23rd 05, 04:24 AM
nana2b

I got my Hot Flashes (:-)) from a store in Patchogue NY. I love the
colors and different blocks. Linda_