Colors

Old October 30th 03, 02:50 PM
NoraBalcer

Default Colors

Hi,

Seeing we all love colors I thought you would enjoy this.

Hugs,

Nora

COLORS:

Once upon a time the colors of the world started to quarrel. All claimed
that they were the best. The most important. The most useful. The favorite.

Green said: the countryside and you will see that I am in the majority."

Blue interrupted:

"You only think about the earth, om the deep sea. The sky gives space
and peace and serenity. Without my peace, you would all be nothing."

Yellow chuckled:

"You are all so serious. I bring laughter, gaiety, and warmth into the
world. The sun is yellow, the moon is yellow, the stars are yellow. Every
time you look at a sunflower, the whole world starts to smile. Without me
there would be no fun."

Orange started next to blow her trumpet:

I am precious for I serve the needs of human life. I carry the most
important vitamins. Think of carrots, pumpkins, oranges, mangoes, and
papayas. I don't hang around all the time, but when I fill the sky at
sunrise or sunset, my beauty is so striking that no one gives another
thought to any of you."

Red could stand it no longer he shouted out:

blood - life's blood! I am the color of danger and of bravery. I am
willing to fight for a cause. I bring fire into the blood. Without me, the
earth would be as empty as the moon. I am the color of passion and of love,
the red rose, the poinsettia and the poppy."

Purple rose up to her full height:

She was very tall and spoke with great pomp: "I am the color of royalty
and power. Kings, chiefs, and bishops have always chosen me for I am the
sign of authority and wisdom. People do not question me! They listen and
obey."

Finally Indigo spoke, much more quietly than all the others,
but with just as much determination:

"Think of me. I am the color of silence. You hardly notice me, but
without me you all become superficial. I represent thought and reflection,
twilight and deep water. You need me for balance and contrast, for prayer
and inner peace."

And so the colors went on boasting, each convinced of his or her own
superiority. Their quarreling became louder and louder. Suddenly there was a
startling flash of bright lightening thunder rolled and boomed. Rain started
to pour down relentlessly. The colors crouched down in fear, drawing close
to one another for comfort.

In the midst of the clamor, Rain began to speak:
"You foolish colors, fighting amongst yourselves, each trying to
dominate the rest. Don't you know that you were each made for a special
purpose, unique and different? Join hands with one another and come to me."

Doing as they were told, the colors united and joined hands.

The Rain continued:
"From now on, when it rains, each of you will stretch across the sky in
a great bow of color as a reminder that you can all live in peace. The
Rainbow is a sign of hope for tomorrow." And so, whenever a good rain washes
the world, and a Rainbow appears in the sky, let us remember to appreciate
one another."

Friendship is like a rainbow:
Red like an apple, sweet to the core.
Orange, like a burning flame, never dying out.
Yellow like the sun that brightens your day.
Green like a plant that keeps on growing.
Blue like the water that is so pure.
Purple like a flower that is ready to bloom.
Indigo like the dreams that fill your heart.

Thank you for the blessing of our friendship!

Old October 30th 03, 06:49 PM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

Janise, you spoke just the words I thought! Nora, it was
beautiful! Thank you so much!
Best: Pirjo
Janise Ross kirjoitti
. com...

Old October 30th 03, 07:22 PM
Katherine Burgess

Lovely, Nora.
Katherine

Old October 31st 03, 02:55 PM
Aud

This is really lovely!
AUD ;-)

--

"NoraBalcer" skrev i melding
[...]

Thread colors for MQ (long) Pat in Virginia Quilting 16 January 21st 05 02:01 PM
Paternayan colors Bungadora Needlework 6 January 17th 05 12:08 AM
peacock colors Julia Altshuler Quilting 27 February 4th 04 04:26 PM
re peacock colors Roberta Zollner Quilting 0 January 27th 04 11:03 AM
AD: Scrapbooking Products and Partylite Babydi General Crafting 0 August 24th 03 06:30 AM