Paternayan colors

Old January 16th 05, 01:24 AM
Bungadora

Default Paternayan colors

I've started assembling colors for the Iris Panel by Elian McCready and have
run into a bit of a snag. Four of the colors listed have a 'D' in front of
them, which my LNS says means 'discontinued'. I've tried searching in the
conversion charts to get an idea of what the colors look like, but these colors
are not listed.

The colors a
127 - Basil
211 - antique rose (this color number is now used for a steel grey color)
234 - antique rose
546 - ocean green (found it in a color chart, but not in a conversion chart)

Does anyone know of a conversion chart for discontinued Paternayan colors?
Any suggestions?
Dora
Old January 16th 05, 03:09 AM
Bungadora

Lucretia Borgia

I've started assembling colors for the Iris Panel by Elian McCready and have
run into a bit of a snag. Four of the colors listed have a 'D' in front of
them, which my LNS says means 'discontinued'. I've tried searching in the
conversion charts to get an idea of what the colors look like, but these

colors
are not listed.

The colors a
127 - Basil
211 - antique rose (this color number is now used for a steel grey color)
234 - antique rose
546 - ocean green (found it in a color chart, but not in a conversion chart)

Does anyone know of a conversion chart for discontinued Paternayan colors?
Any suggestions?
Dora

I am finishing a rug in paternayan and checked but I have the wrong
number rose colours, the 900 ones. Pity because I know I am going to
have lots left over, masses in fact.

Do you know what the 900's look like ? Could you check to see if you
could use those instead ? I would be only too glad to send to you -
mine are from about five years ago.

Antique rose could cover a wide range of shades - I would think it to be a
plummy rose particularly since it is beside a dark plum in the chart, but in
the picture 234 looks almost orange, while 211 looks like a dark burgundy. I
was planning to be in the vicinity of the other known seller of Paternayan in
the city tomorrow and I might be able to drag my companion (kicking and
screaming) out of the fabric store to look at needlepoint yarns. That store has
the full range of colors, and I also wanted to see if any of the yarns I have
in stash (all unnumbered) match the numbers needed. Btw the wide paper twist
tags used in bulk food stores work great for keeping the hanks in order. I know
I never throw them away because they would be sooo useful someday, but damned
if I can find them now that numbers have become a concern.

I found a website
http://www.needlepointheaven.com/paternayan-yarn-7.html
but the colors don't show up well enough on the screen.

Thanks for your offer. If any of the colors fit I'd be happy to buy them plus
postage. I'll also be looking for numbers 900 and 925. No hurry. I'm just
starting with a few colors and am buying the new ones as I need them.

Dora

Old January 16th 05, 04:45 PM
Alan Duke

try:
http://www.independenceneedlepoint.c...conversion.htm

Rachel in Scottsdale
Old January 16th 05, 09:19 PM
Bungadora

try:
http://www.independenceneedlepoint.c...conversion.htm

Thanks, but the chart only has the current colors. A couple of numbers
correspond but it appears that the same numbers have been re-issued for
different colors. Why would they do that I would like to know. Why?
Dora
Old January 16th 05, 09:29 PM
Bungadora

Lucretia Borgia
Date: 1/15/2005 8:21 PM Mountain Standard Time

Antique rose could cover a wide range of shades - I would think it to be a
plummy rose particularly since it is beside a dark plum in the chart, but in
the picture 234 looks almost orange, while 211 looks like a dark burgundy. I
was planning to be in the vicinity of the other known seller of Paternayan

in
the city tomorrow and I might be able to drag my companion (kicking and

Sheena wrote

I really do have way too much. I bought it all in the UK as we cannot
get paternayan here so I had to get more than enough for a long term
project. I can see now with about nine inches to go that I will have
more than enough, in fact scads left over.

I would be only too happy to send it to a good home, I was not
thinking of you paying for same. They are soft pinks (what I would
call dusty or rose type pinks) 911, 913, 914, 915 so when you go to
the shop, take a look at those numbers and see if they would help.

Sheena, I took a look at the colors and I don't think they will work, although
I might change my mind about the darkest pink. I think I'm going to have to
work the colors around where the discontinued colors are used and then pick
something out. Nice colors though. I hope you post a picture when you're done.
Btw if you ever need a couple of skeins of a color of Paternayan, I'd be glad
to go down to the LNS to pick them up for you.

Thanks again for the offer.
Dora

Kugler Colors in trouble JoJo Glass 5 August 29th 04 11:50 PM
Ad: Leather cord for stringing many colors. Tux Beads 0 September 15th 03 04:08 AM
PolymerClayExpress now carries ALL 5 colors of LiquidSculpey! simply_annie Polymer Clay 0 September 4th 03 07:33 AM
AD: Scrapbooking Products and Partylite Babydi General Crafting 0 August 24th 03 06:30 AM
? for needlepointers on using different type threads in one piece Mmeindia Needlework 8 July 30th 03 04:22 AM