black?

Old January 2nd 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Default black?

Hi all, and Happy 2006!

reading r.c.b on google I found one of the side-links going to an
article
with a headline like "Black Is Back". I have been noticing that the
things
containing black were selling more than anything else. Has anybody else
noticed this, is this a trend?

Aloha,

Maren
Tropical seeds - Job's Tears Jewelry - Plants & Lilikoi
http://www.jach.hawaii.edu/~maren/palms_etc/

Old January 3rd 06, 08:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Christina Peterson wrote:
I would suppose that black is a "trend" each and every winter. Can

I'll try to remember next winter. (I'm still a newbie, remember).

something that basic be considered a trend? Of course, given that Hawaii
has a different palette, maybe black IS different.

Maybe it is, and maybe it isn't, or maybe Hawaii has and maybe it
hasn't, what struck me was that one of my SILs (in Oregon), asked
whether she could have a second Christmas bracelet and that one had
black bugle beads in it, and then finding that article.

BTW: I remember that you said something about lined beads some time
ago - I now know what you mean. Thanks for that one - and I find that
among bugle beads even the better ones have that problem ...

Aloha,

Maren

oups.com...

Old January 4th 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

black is always a popular color, really..it's a classic that never goes
out of style in clothing and jewelry. but sometimes it does seem to be
more trendy than usual.

one thing I always find funny is that really, color trends are the same
every season, yet magazines act like it's something new. jewel and
earth tones in fall, bright colors in summer, pastels in spring, black
and browns in winter..the only thing that ever changes is the color
that's sworn to be "the new black". I think last year it was orange.

-Amber.

black hills gold jewelry [email protected] Jewelry 0 September 24th 04 02:22 AM
black and white square in a square Brian Christiansen Quilting 3 June 22nd 04 07:59 AM
Black Tie Paua lgreene Beads 12 February 6th 04 07:36 PM
The significance or meaning of specific colors in different countries, ex. Black and Red in Japan? Quil Quilting 3 January 8th 04 09:22 PM
Keepsake Quilting's solid black cotton Johanna Gibson Quilting 6 October 6th 03 05:55 PM