About that pattern

Old July 7th 03, 11:49 PM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

Default About that pattern

I try to translate this thing.
Project: Sweater for a kid
Size: 110 cm
Yarn: Novita 7 Brothers
Gauge: - 18 = 10, vertically 26 = 10

Back:

Cast on 72 stitches. Knit 2 knit-2 purl 4 cm. When you knit
the last row of 2 knit, 2 purl- add 8 stitches evenly (I
hope I use the right term). Change to thicker needles. Knit
stockinette. When there is 25 cm done, do like this: bind
off 8 stitches because of the armholes FROM THE BOTH ENDS.
There should be now 64 stitches. When you have knitted 14 cm
the way of the hand, bind off from the middle 18 stitches.
(I believe I can do that part, I have a formula for that).

Do I tell enough here?
Best: Pirjo

Old July 8th 03, 12:42 AM
Allaya Diep

Oh, okay...no problem!

You bind of 8 stitches on BOTH ends. In other words, bind off 8 stitches,
knit 64 stitches, and then bind off the 8 remaining stitches.

If you do the math, you started with 72 stitches and then added 8 stitches,
so you should have 80 stitches (72+8=80). Then, you will bind off the first
8 stitches (80-8=72) and then finally, you bind off the last 8 stitches
(72-8=64). 64 stitches is what you want left over to knit.

Does that make sense?

Allaya