Time Zones

Old July 24th 03, 01:28 AM
emerald

Default Time Zones

"Gussy" wrote in message
. ca...
Mirjama a good way to think of how wide Canada and the USA are, is to
imagine driving at 100 KM per hour for 4 days with no stopping. That is an
approximation of how long it would take you to get from one coast to the
other by car. I know I'm not far out with that as I've done it 4 times.

Saskatoon to Vancouver can be done in 24 hours (ask me how I know) so that's
probably about right.

Hi Gussy, where've you been???? And how's Charly?

emerald

Old July 24th 03, 11:43 PM
Gussy

Hi Emerald

I've slipped into lurkerdom . I do come in and read all the posts at least
once a week but Real Life (as internet chatting junkies refer to anything
non on-line related refer to it) has been far to busy and involved to leave
me time to be involved with any of my lists. At the moment I am in the heart
of moving. I've closed the Salon and done all those things to uproot oneself
and start a whole new life. I'm moving to Calgary to be closer to Charly and
my DGKs. She and hers are doing well and from what they are saying looking
forward to Grandma being closer.

Haven't worked for the last month unless you call preparing to move work ,
so for the first time in a very long while I'm starting to feel like the
fibro is ebbing. It's amazing what good things come from eliminating nasty
stress can do for you. I'll be leaving on my grand trek very early Monday
morning (hoping for a 5 AM start). The vet gave me some diazepam for the fur
babies so hopefully the 3 of us will survive the 12 hour drive, and yes I'm
doing it all in one go. Thank heavens Charly will be waiting for me when I
get there with a lovely pot of tea , and a couch I'm going to be able to
crash on for the night.

I realised I hadn't marked this post with OT after I had sent it so I think
to bring it to topic I'll say that in getting ready to move has been a
little like Christmas for me. I have found so much stash I had completely
forgotten I had. Everything from stitchy things to handknitting stuff. It
was like finding a treasure trove. The find that excited me most was the L&L
chart "Sweet Dreams" completely kitted and ready to start. I also discovered
I had the chart for "Spirit Dancer" too. Those were just 2 of the things I
came across. I also have enough fabrics to make myself a complete new
wardrobe for the new job I have to find. I had been blessing my stash for
the last 2 years because if it hadn't been for that I wouldn't have been
able to do any of those things that keep us sane in times of trouble. Now I
have discovered enough stash that will keep me busy for at least another 2
years before I even have to think of going to a store. Sometimes making a
whole new start in life no matter at what age (53 and not really believing
it)can truly be a rewarding and exciting proposition.

Now it's back to lurkdom for me until the move is over and I'm all settled
in. At which time I hope my life becomes normal. That of course is said
tongue in cheek .

__________________________________________________ ______________ Gussy ICQ#:
13134331 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me i See more about me:
"emerald" wrote in message
. ..

"Gussy" wrote in message
. ca...
Mirjama a good way to think of how wide Canada and the USA are, is to
imagine driving at 100 KM per hour for 4 days with no stopping. That is

an
approximation of how long it would take you to get from one coast to the
other by car. I know I'm not far out with that as I've done it 4 times.

Saskatoon to Vancouver can be done in 24 hours (ask me how I know) so

that's
probably about right.

Hi Gussy, where've you been???? And how's Charly?

emerald

AD - The time has come, the time is now... Kalera Stratton Beads 26 January 31st 05 01:34 AM
if you have time Charlie Beads 10 January 20th 05 10:32 PM
OT - Story: Time Flies Kathy N-V Beads 2 January 18th 05 05:25 PM
They're getting slicker all the time at phishing Su/Cutworks Beads 5 November 22nd 04 07:40 AM
Panic Attack Time starlia Beads 76 March 14th 04 02:39 AM