Ping Sandy in Henderson

Old May 26th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shona in NZ

Default Ping Sandy in Henderson

Hey Sandy,

My Mum is talking about possibly making a trip to Las Vegas while I am
there. If we do, I am guessing it will be sometime during the last two weeks
in June, are you going to be around for a meet-up?

Shona, arranging arranging, in NZ

Old May 26th 08, 04:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Shona in NZ" wrote:

Hey Sandy,

My Mum is talking about possibly making a trip to Las Vegas while I am
there. If we do, I am guessing it will be sometime during the last two weeks
in June, are you going to be around for a meet-up?

Shona, arranging arranging, in NZ

I should be, Shona! The only complication would be if I couldn't
drive. I'm scheduled for eye surgery on June 10, followed by almost
definite double vision (does that mean I can drive twice as quickly?
G), which wouldn't stop me having you to my house but could stop me
meeting you somewhere else. It's possible that the double vision could
be under control by then, too, so do keep me posted!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old May 26th 08, 06:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ann

Sandy, what kind of eye surgery are you having? If you mentioned, I missed
the post.
Good lucky with the surgery by the way!!

Ann

Old May 26th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article 3xr_j.5117$KB3.5107@edtnps91,
"Ann" wrote:

Sandy, what kind of eye surgery are you having? If you mentioned, I missed
the post.
Good lucky with the surgery by the way!!

Ann

Ann, I didn't mention it, as it's only recently been scheduled. I've
been having a lot of eye problems in the past few years, all of which
have come together to make it impossible for me to get a new
prescription for glasses, while the old prescription isn't working all
that well. G I've been in eye therapy for the past two years and am
now ready for the surgery that will -- I hope -- fix most of the
problems. I will need more eye therapy after the surgery to teach my
brain how to put the double vision images together into one image.
Sounds like fun, doesn't it? G Quilting may be tricky for a while.

Thanks for your good wishes.

Old May 26th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
IMS wrote:

On Sun, 25 May 2008 20:02:27 -0700, Sandy
wrote:

I should be, Shona! The only complication would be if I couldn't
drive. I'm scheduled for eye surgery on June 10, followed by almost
definite double vision (does that mean I can drive twice as quickly?
G), which wouldn't stop me having you to my house but could stop me
meeting you somewhere else. It's possible that the double vision could
be under control by then, too, so do keep me posted!

Good luck on the eye surgery, Sandy; don't cook, either

-Irene

Thanks, Irene. Cooking won't be very high on my list -- I can just
see myself setting the pan on the wrong burner and then setting a pot
holder on fire on the "right" burner. LOL!

Old May 26th 08, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

"Sandy" wrote in message
I will need more eye therapy after the surgery to teach my
brain how to put the double vision images together into one image.
Sounds like fun, doesn't it? G Quilting may be tricky for a while.

Hey, you can use that as an excuse for points not matching for YEARS! ;-)

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

remove the obvious to reply

Old May 26th 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

"Sandy" wrote in message
I will need more eye therapy after the surgery to teach my
brain how to put the double vision images together into one image.
Sounds like fun, doesn't it? G Quilting may be tricky for a while.

Hey, you can use that as an excuse for points not matching for YEARS! ;-)

LOL! Thanks, Kathy -- I'll be sure to file that idea away for lots of
use.

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

Thanks again.

Old May 26th 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Sandy!!!!!

Good luck with the surgery.
--
Cindy from MO

Old May 26th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shona in NZ

Well with double vision you would be quilting twice as much in half the
time, right?

Shona, thinking the lights of Vegas would be amazing with double vision :-D,
in NZ