What's your sign?

Old August 19th 03, 09:52 PM
aeromom

Default What's your sign?

Remember that old pick up line from the 70's? What is your Zodiac sign?
No, I don't particularly believe in that sort of thing but it is
interesting.
From what I have read I am a stereotypical Gemini. Gemini the Twins.
http://www.astrology-online.com/persn.htm
Do you think you are like your astrological sign?

aeromom
"I won't sit idly by as you hurl clichés at me." - Mulder, The X Files

Old August 19th 03, 11:01 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

I read several of them: my own, my brother's, my mother's and father's.
Notice how the lines of personality blurr. They make a point to say
someone born under "this" sign is "this way", but then make allowances -
and very broad ones.

These are so broad that almost anyone could fit in any category. Since
we're all self-absorbed to one degree or another, it's easy to pick up a
phrase or word, glom onto it, and lose reason when the rest doesn't
"really" fit. Or the rest is so general, who wouldn't fit it now and again?

Wouldn't it be so simple to just read who you are, and be safe in the
knowledge? Unfortunately, I fit so many characteristics of all twelve,
that either I'm certifiable, or the rest of the world is nuts. g
Dianne

aeromom wrote:
Remember that old pick up line from the 70's? What is your Zodiac sign?
No, I don't particularly believe in that sort of thing but it is
interesting.
From what I have read I am a stereotypical Gemini. Gemini the Twins.

Old August 19th 03, 11:18 PM
aeromom

wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:02:40 GMT, "aeromom"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:52:50 GMT, "aeromom"
wrote:

Remember that old pick up line from the 70's? What is your Zodiac

sign?
No, I don't particularly believe in that sort of thing but it is
interesting.
From what I have read I am a stereotypical Gemini. Gemini the Twins.
http://www.astrology-online.com/persn.htm
Do you think you are like your astrological sign?

aeromom
"I won't sit idly by as you hurl clichés at me." - Mulder, The X Files

I worked with a man who was a totally nice, gentle type. Yet he was
an Aries, to my mind it showed there was not much in it. Meeting his
mother one time she announced that Bob had been an 8 month baby, so
that really made him a Taurus had he gone full term.

Sheena

My DH is an Aries. He fits the traditional Aries traits:
Adventurous and energetic
Pioneering and courageous
Enthusiastic and confident
Dynamic and quick-witted

But he doesn't have any of the darkside fo the Aries traits.
Selfish and quick-tempered
Impulsive and impatient
Foolhardy and daredevil
Of course, this is just one website I am quoting from here. There are
probably a thousand others that say a thousand other things.

aeromom
The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help

it.
Leo Rosten

As an Aries - I take the Fifth !

LOL!

Old August 20th 03, 12:33 AM
Dr. Brat

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

Wouldn't it be so simple to just read who you are, and be safe in the
knowledge? Unfortunately, I fit so many characteristics of all twelve,
that either I'm certifiable, or the rest of the world is nuts. g
Dianne

All the world is mad but thee and me and there are times I wonder about
thee...

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old August 20th 03, 12:49 AM
Alison

Well, I'm a Libra, and I do feel pretty typical of that sign (elegant,
luxury-loving, the peacemaker, the compromiser, happiest in a
relationship) although some of it doesn't work (entertainer, sensitive
to beauty of my home - hah) and unfortunately some of the bad stuff
does too (indecisive, too eager to please, too fond of eating
delicious things.) Sometimes I seem as though I make snap judgments
but I really have been weighing them forever, I just don't get vocal
till I've made up my mind.

Alison

aeromom wrote:
Remember that old pick up line from the 70's? What is your Zodiac sign?
No, I don't particularly believe in that sort of thing but it is
interesting.
From what I have read I am a stereotypical Gemini. Gemini the Twins.

Old August 20th 03, 04:16 AM
Dawne Peterson

If you don't think you are what a true exemplar of your birth sign, there
is a fun test on Emode that tells you what sign you really are.
http://www.emode.com/emode/tests/astrology_makeover.jsp

Dawne

Old August 20th 03, 06:15 AM
Liz Hampton

Well, I'm a Libra, and I do feel pretty typical of that sign (elegant,
luxury-loving, the peacemaker, the compromiser, happiest in a
relationship) although some of it doesn't work (entertainer, sensitive
to beauty of my home - hah) and unfortunately some of the bad stuff
does too (indecisive, too eager to please, too fond of eating
delicious things.) Sometimes I seem as though I make snap judgments
but I really have been weighing them forever, I just don't get vocal
till I've made up my mind.

Alison

Same here, except for the luxury loving. :-)) I don't like arguments and it
is sometimes hard to make decisions. I tend to eat all of each thing on my
dish at a time so I don't have to decide with every bite, which food to eat
next. :-))) It is really annoying sometimes to be able to see both sides
of an argument. :-)) I may not agree with one side or the other, but I can
understand why they feel that way.

DH is a Cancer & I tell him that it's right on since he's usually crabby.
:-)))
Liz from Humbug

Old August 20th 03, 02:19 PM
Addie

Am I the ONLY scorpio???? I tell you, it was lots of fun growing up in a
house with 3 of us and a Sagitarian...I found I came 3rd in the line of
tempers and mood swings...

Addie
"aeromom" wrote in message
Remember that old pick up line from the 70's? What is your Zodiac sign?
No, I don't particularly believe in that sort of thing but it is
interesting.
From what I have read I am a stereotypical Gemini. Gemini the Twins.

Old August 20th 03, 04:51 PM
Jenn Vanderslice

Pat Porter wrote:
John`s a typical Taurean. I`m a Cancerian - crabby!

Excellent match!
Though...you must have compatible rising signs too.
Without going into a lot of detail, you can't always tell a person from
their Sun sign. They are more likely to present themselves like their
rising sign.

Jenn- Cancer/Taurus rising/Libra Moon that spends a lot of time studying
astrology

new auction site with $1,000 sign up bonus [email protected] Beads 5 January 14th 05 09:54 PM
Neon Sign Courses BC Brian Glass 2 September 14th 04 01:20 AM
FA: Spectacular Birds and Flowers Welcome Sign lexus_supply Marketplace 0 May 22nd 04 08:21 PM
OT - My new neon sign in my studio! Tinkster Beads 13 February 29th 04 02:19 AM
dishwasher sign Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen Needlework 12 August 15th 03 12:59 AM