Sorry, another dumb question re glazing

Old October 18th 04, 07:20 PM
Glen Sayers

Default Sorry, another dumb question re glazing

It seems no one glazes windows. Is that right and if so why? (other than
collecting dust). I would have thought it a good way to keep dust out of the
house when not in use, not to mention aesthetic realism. Glass or clear
perspex.
??????????

Cheers
Glen

Old October 18th 04, 07:48 PM
Mo en Jacky

I would say glas, perspex is easily scratched ( I am realy good at that) and
when you get paint on it you cant get it of.
and glas looks more real, you can get it very thin.
and dust is a realy good reason to, you do nog realy want to use those tiny
dusters!

greetings
Mo

Old October 19th 04, 12:25 AM
Gerald Miller

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:48:19 +0200, "Mo en Jacky"
wrote:

I would say glas, perspex is easily scratched ( I am realy good at that) and
when you get paint on it you cant get it of.
and glas looks more real, you can get it very thin.
and dust is a realy good reason to, you do nog realy want to use those tiny
dusters!

I have glazed home built windows with microscope slide covers (3/4" x
3/4" x 1/1000" thick ) cut to size with a junker industrial diamond.
Most kit windows can be painted before the perspex glazing is
installed. Another thing that I do, I only use enough glue to hold
windows, doors, trim and stairways in place and resist scale forces
trying to dislodge them. In this way, they can be readily removed when
it comes time to redecorate.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Old October 19th 04, 01:07 AM
Carol

"Gerald Miller" wrote in message

I only use enough glue to hold windows, doors, trim and stairways in place
and resist scale forces trying to dislodge them. In this way, they can be
readily removed when it comes time to redecorate.

I don't use any glue. A bit of mini wax holds them in.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

Old October 19th 04, 01:29 PM
Paul

"Glen Sayers" wrote in message news:1098123637.108251@ftpsrv1...
It seems no one glazes windows. Is that right and if so why? (other than
collecting dust). I would have thought it a good way to keep dust out of the
house when not in use, not to mention aesthetic realism. Glass or clear
perspex.

Cheers
Glen

We use acetate in our houses - perhaps this will be of use to you?
http://www.dollshouse.com/asp/redire...iy1b&siteid=us

Paul
http://www.dollshouse.com
Old December 7th 04, 12:03 PM