Moebious hat ,,instructions

Old November 23rd 05, 06:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Clapotis (was Moebious hat ,,instructions)

Sounds great! Will you be putting up pictures when you're finished?

Gem

"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...
MRH wrote:
"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

Clapotis ????? hummm A name woth looking up ? what is this,,

Look here http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTclapotis.html You can vary
the number of increase rows to make it narrower or wider, for a scarf, a
wrap or a stole. They look very pretty in variegated yarn.

Oooh, that is very pretty! What colour(s) are you using?

I'm knitting it mono color to see how it turns out. Reading various forums
and lists about it gave me the idea to go with Caron's Simply Soft and I
wanted an excuse to knit something with that because it feels sooooo soft.
g I'm doing Plum wine (kind of a dark rose) for myself, and will be
doing Dark Sage and Country Blue for the girls. The pattern is pretty cool
the way it knits up, and you get to drop stitches on purpose! It's very
versatile in that you can make it just about any width or length you want;
I saw a picture of a shrug someone had made (do a rectangle and seam two
sides together for a few inches). I've also thought of a couple variations
with thicker yarn and needles I may want to try. Knitty's forum has an
informational post with links to all kinds of pictures too.

sue

Old November 23rd 05, 08:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Sue,

That is so pretty, wish I could still knit. I've used the simply soft
and found it slips on the needles no matter what kind you use.

Hugs,

Nora

Old November 23rd 05, 08:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

MRH wrote:
Sounds great! Will you be putting up pictures when you're finished?

Gem

I don't have a site, though I could put them up on yahoo photos. The way
it's looking, I've got a lot of this skein left to go and it's getting
way long. I think I might have a `do over' a little wider with smaller
needles. These are driving me crazy, the tips are more blunt than
pointed and slick so the yarn slips around on them a lot. It curls up a
lot when you drop the stitches, and lengthens some too. But it goes fast
and now I'll know how to make it `right' for the girls. g

sue

"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...

MRH wrote:

"suzee" wrote in message
adfreenews.net...

Old November 23rd 05, 11:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I love the yahoo photo sites! I'm not sure if they have a limit on how many
pictures or mbs you can put on there or not, but it's really neat... and
free!! )

Gem

"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...
MRH wrote:
Sounds great! Will you be putting up pictures when you're finished?

Gem

I don't have a site, though I could put them up on yahoo photos. The way
it's looking, I've got a lot of this skein left to go and it's getting way
long. I think I might have a `do over' a little wider with smaller
needles. These are driving me crazy, the tips are more blunt than pointed
and slick so the yarn slips around on them a lot. It curls up a lot when
you drop the stitches, and lengthens some too. But it goes fast and now
I'll know how to make it `right' for the girls. g

sue

"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...

MRH wrote: