Wow....staining is kinda fun

Old March 26th 04, 11:18 PM
Cathy Weeks

Default Wow....staining is kinda fun

I finished the first of the several floors I'm doing with coffee
stirrers, and after sanding it, I applied a cherry stain. It looks
really pretty, and the inevitable gaps have nearly disappeared... the
reddish brown stain matches the background paint I used, so the gaps
are much less noticible now that the wood is stained.

I do the first coat of Polyurathane in the morning.

I've been taking photos of the project as I went along... I'll try and
get a web page together sometime over the weekend.

Cathy
Old March 27th 04, 12:45 AM
betsyb

"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
om...
I finished the first of the several floors I'm doing with coffee
stirrers, and after sanding it, I applied a cherry stain. It looks
really pretty, and the inevitable gaps have nearly disappeared... the
reddish brown stain matches the background paint I used, so the gaps
are much less noticible now that the wood is stained.

I do the first coat of Polyurathane in the morning.

I've been taking photos of the project as I went along... I'll try and
get a web page together sometime over the weekend.

Cathy

You cannot believe the battle I had when I suggested my husband make one of
the floors similar to your's. He thinks I have flat out flipped!! He is
recuperating from a 2 week stint in ICU and just needed something to pass
the time. Gosh, retirement ain't quite what I expected?

Old March 27th 04, 12:49 PM
Carol

"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
om...
I finished the first of the several floors I'm doing with coffee
stirrers, and after sanding it, I applied a cherry stain. It looks
really pretty, and the inevitable gaps have nearly disappeared... the
reddish brown stain matches the background paint I used, so the gaps
are much less noticible now that the wood is stained.

I do the first coat of Polyurathane in the morning.

I've been taking photos of the project as I went along... I'll try and
get a web page together sometime over the weekend.

Cathy

I use Deft varnish which you can get in a hardware store. It's stinky and I
try to do it outside. It gives a beautiful finish to wood. It's not very
shiny which is what I like.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

Old March 27th 04, 01:14 PM
betsyb

Gonna have to wait a couple more weeks. The resin liked to have choked us
both making a block of ice for the ice box.