Spare Change

Old September 20th 08, 03:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Default Spare Change

I emptied a kitchen drawer today and cleaned it. It's what we call the spoon
drawer. (Not that I expect any sympathy from any of you but having 2
kitchens does require twice the cleaning.) At the back of the divider
thingie for spoons, we toss: paper clips, bread twists, unidentified keys,
change and rubber bands. Got the picture? Not a pretty sight.
There's a fabric I've wanted for my preemie quilts and as an incentive
for doing the drawer, I was going to buy a yard with the accumulation of
spare change.
That stuff I liked is $ 12.99 per yard. (gasp)
Began to order it and they want $ 7.99 to ship *one* yard to me. In as
few well chosen words as possible, when Hell freezes.
So. Wonder what other use could we put for about a quart of coins? Can
I sell them for their copper content? Probably not. Shall I do a mosaic on
a table top? I guess I could pour them into an old sock and use them as a
weapon in case a gator becomes aggressive. What do you do with spare
change? Polly

Old September 20th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

first off, what is this fabulous fabric? I'm sure if one of us could get
it, our S&H would be less the $8
My spare change? each of our grandkids has a savings account and we divide
our change up among them every couple of years. (there are 8 of them) Each
will get their money when the graduate from HS

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old September 20th 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Uhhhhhhhh, I take it to my bank and they give me real money for it. Last
time I went I had like $380.

Cindy

Old September 20th 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Our church has a spare change fishbowl at the back of the church where
Pastor stands to greet us after the service. We all empty our pocket change
into the fishbowl every Sunday. It's used by the Ministerial Alliance to
help folks who ask for assistance for various reasons. It's adds up pretty
quickly. I tend to save my change at home and then take it to church in a
Ziplok bag about once a month. Sunday I'll be taking my change and my extra
tomatoes and cukes. We have older people who can't garden any more and they
love the extra produce us 'gardeners' bring in.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old September 20th 08, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti in Seattle

When I lived in Seattle, my change would all go in an enormous cup in
my car, and I'd use it for things like lattes, pedicures or the
occasional craving for onion rings. Now that I live in Florida, it
goes for toll roads........ they have some serious toll charges here!
Sheesh!

And - do you have a link for the fabric? Do tell...........

Patti (formerly) in Seattle

Old September 20th 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

It wasn't a fabric worth worrying over, Mary. I just get on my high horse
about gouging quilters with handling charges. I do thank you kindly for the
offer for help. Eight grandchildren is such a lovely blessing. How
wonderful. Polly

"maryd" wrote first off, what is this fabulous fabric? I'm sure if one of
us could get
it, our S&H would be less the $8
My spare change? each of our grandkids has a savings account and we
divide our change up among them every couple of years. (there are 8 of
them) Each will get their money when the graduate from HS

"Polly Esther" wroteI emptied a kitchen drawer today and cleaned it.

Old September 20th 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Sep 19, 9:44�pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
[...]

We used to dump spare change in a dish on the dresser. Then DH would
pick out the quarters for the car wash, and I'd be
stuck with pennies, nickels and dimes to roll and lug to the bank.
Then a lady at church got the idea for a "Ministry on a Dime." She
puts a jar at church, and people dump their spare change. It gets used
for the Christmas baskets. It's a small congregation, relatively, and
it's *amazing* how much she ends up with at the end of the year.

Sherry
Old September 20th 08, 04:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Good grief, Cindy. I hope your spoon drawer is sturdier than ours is. When
my change purse says "do something or go visit the chiropractor", I unload.
Haven't come up with $380 yet. Wow. Polly

"teleflora" wrote Uhhhhhhhh, I take it to my bank and they give me real
money for it. Last
time I went I had like $380.

Cindy

Old September 20th 08, 04:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

We ran into a lot of that 'toll' business when DH had surgery in New
Orleans. It was just a nuisance to us since we weren't there many trips but
I'm betting it's a serious consideration if you deal with it all the time.
Yogi was rather insulted that the toll booth guys didn't offer puppy
biscuits. What do Kaz and Murph think about such rudeness? Polly

"Patti in Seattle" wroteWhen I lived in Seattle, my change would all go in

Any spare prayers? Kim E Quilting 26 September 12th 05 01:13 AM
Spare another prayer? the black rose Quilting 10 June 7th 05 02:58 AM
OT - Spare a thought Sharon Harper Quilting 55 November 18th 04 11:22 PM
How much for your spare time? Brenda Needlework 0 November 1st 04 08:38 PM