Creative ideas needed

Old November 19th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

Default Creative ideas needed

I usually embroider birth announcements for friends and relatives. My niece who
just had her second daughter lives in a small NY coop in which almost every
surface is covered. The not too large piece I did for her first daughter is
propped against books. I've found a free Star of David pattern
http://raindropstitches.wordpress.com/2008/05/06/jewish-embroidery/ that
could serve as the starting point for name, dob but what can I do with it
besides making a picture?

--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old November 19th 08, 07:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx Minx

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 14:40:40 -0500, anne opined:

I usually embroider birth announcements for friends and relatives. My
niece who
just had her second daughter lives in a small NY coop in which almost
every
surface is covered. The not too large piece I did for her first daughter
is
propped against books. I've found a free Star of David pattern
http://raindropstitches.wordpress.com/2008/05/06/jewish-embroidery/ that
could serve as the starting point for name, dob but what can I do with it
besides making a picture?

Make a small cushion - she will be able to keep it on her bed.

That was exactly going to be my suggestion, too! Or you could also frame it
with some quilt material, and then make a small lap quilt with it.

Jinx

Old November 19th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mag

"anne" wrote in message
g...
I usually embroider birth announcements for friends and relatives. My niece
who
just had her second daughter lives in a small NY coop in which almost
every
surface is covered. The not too large piece I did for her first daughter
is
propped against books. I've found a free Star of David pattern
http://raindropstitches.wordpress.com/2008/05/06/jewish-embroidery/ that
could serve as the starting point for name, dob but what can I do with it
besides making a picture?

--
another anne, add ingers to reply

It's been many, many years but, I once faced this exact problem.

I made the piece into a small (travel size) pillow cover with
a "lap back". When it was no longer wanted for display, the
cover came off easily and could be saved for posterity if desired.

mag

Old November 23rd 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:11:32 -0500, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at
comcast..net opined:

It took me awhile to figure out what a lap back pillow cover was. True
or
false: it's the same or similar to an envelope back.

p.s. thanks everyone ... still haven't found the perfect idea yet so
keep
'em
coming.
--
another anne, add ingers to reply

How about a door hanger. Everyone has a door knob, don't they?

Another idea I saw this am looking at the Oct/November Embroidery
Canada magazine was a sampler made into a book cover. You could do it
to fit the normal size paper back, girls nearly always become readers
and I am sure she would treasure that as she grew.

Better yet, you could give her a nice book for pics/souvenirs with a
cover on it.

You reminded me that I embroidered a photo album cover for my friend's kid's
Bat Mitzvah. I have to ask her if she still has it.

Lucille

Old November 23rd 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

lzoltynospam@now says...

You reminded me that I embroidered a photo album cover for my friend's kid's
Bat Mitzvah. I have to ask her if she still has it.

GMTA -- I did one for a niece not that long ago.

FYI, still haven't decided what to do.

--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old November 24th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
val189

On Nov 19, 2:40 pm, anne wrote:
I've found a free Star of David pattern
http://raindropstitches.wordpress.com/2008/05/06/jewish-embroidery/ that
could serve as the starting point for name, dob but what can I do with it
besides making a picture?

attach to a small teddy bear?

(I hope the mother appreciates the effort - I made a baby sampler once
for a christening - finally, it dawned on la madre that it was a
unique, handmade item, even tho it was the smallest gift on the
table. Custom frame job too, I hope she realized.).

Ideas needed...... Pati C. Quilting 43 June 24th 08 05:36 PM
need your creative ideas - OT Musicmaker Quilting 18 November 21st 05 09:53 PM
Ideas needed Linda Sweigart Quilting 15 July 5th 05 12:25 PM
Ideas needed Susan Carey Yarn 10 June 7th 05 08:22 PM