OT Goodbye Emma

Old October 7th 08, 09:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

Default OT Goodbye Emma

lewmew wrote:
Dawne - My heartfelt sympathy to you and Emma.

A peaceful end to life is the greatest gift that we have the power to
give. However, giving the gift is one of the most difficult of things to
do.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
Old October 7th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Dawne Peterson wrote:
My dear Emma went to sleep in my arms with the gentle help of our vet at
noon today. She became so tired over the weekend, and it was time. I'll
see her again; she'll be in heaven, or it won't be heaven.

Dawne

(((((((((((Dawne)))))))))))) Emma is at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for
you. The kitties send their love and support, too. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old October 7th 08, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Oct 6, 4:41*pm, "Dawne Peterson" wrote:
My dear Emma went to sleep in my arms with the gentle help of our vet at
noon today. *She became so tired over the weekend, and it was time. *I'll
see her again; she'll be in heaven, or it won't be heaven.

Dawne

Dawne, I'm so sorry. You're in my prayers.

Louisa
Old October 7th 08, 02:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Oct 6, 2:41*pm, "Dawne Peterson" wrote:
My dear Emma went to sleep in my arms with the gentle help of our vet at
noon today. *She became so tired over the weekend, and it was time. *I'll
see her again; she'll be in heaven, or it won't be heaven.

I'm so sorry, Dawne. Take comfort in your many wonderful memories of
her.

Hugs, from me and Jasmine

Joan
Old October 7th 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
val189

On Oct 6, 3:41 pm, "Dawne Peterson" wrote:
My dear Emma went to sleep in my arms with the gentle help of our vet at
noon today. She became so tired over the weekend, and it was time. I'll
see her again; she'll be in heaven, or it won't be heaven.

Dawne

Oh, how sad - I know how tough that must be, but please know that you
gave her the best possible life. I'm sure Emma knew nothing but care
and affection. I know how bad you miss her.
It was brave of you to hold her til the end, something some can't or
won't do. You are to be admired for that and you will be blessed.

When the pain has eased, it might help to make a donation to an animal
organization in her memory. Also, a little album of all her pictures
is nice to put together.
Valerie
Old October 7th 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

Thanks everybody for understanding. The clinic staff kept telling me what I
was doing for Emma, but it was all about what they do for us, isn't it??
She was the dearest gentlest soul, and loved me every minute of her life,
even when I didn't deserve it.

The vet said yesterday from the way she was breathing that the cancer had
likely invaded her lungs, and "only her big heart kept her going". She
didn't mean physically big, but big from love. Emma deserved her rest.

I found her at the Humane Society; someone had had to give her up, or,
sadder to think, let her walk away from them. I am making a donation to the
shelter in her name. Everyone give their favourite critter a little extra
love from Emma and me, and, if the opportunity arises, consider finding a
friend at the shelter. Emma cost me $27 to adopt--and what she brought was
beyond price.

Dawne

Old October 7th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Dawne -

Now you've made me cry!

My Belle is a Humane Society dog too. Someone had severely abused her
before we got her - she was afraid to walk in front of us, afraid to
go through doors, didn't know how to play and skittish beyond belief.
But when she let you pet her, she nudged and asked for more. Now,
she's happy, confident and still nudges to ask for more love. She is,
like your Emma, a great asset to my life and I already dread the day
when she will be gone. I hope that if the time comes, I am as brave
as you were.

I'm particiapting in a 5K this weekend to benefit the Humane Society -
I'll run for Emma too!

Linda

Old October 7th 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Dawne Peterson wrote:

Everyone give their favourite critter a little extra
love from Emma and me

Mine has been snuggled up to me for a couple of days in that way that
allows for maximum body contact. I think she may have gotten a message
from your Emma.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

OCTOBER IS DISABILITY AWARENESS MONTH

Finished 10/7/08 - Sun Fun (Dimensions)

WIP: Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono
(Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
AOL BLOGS CLOSING OCTOBER 31
Old October 7th 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
val189

On Oct 7, 2:16 pm, lewmew wrote:

I'm particiapting in a 5K this weekend to benefit the Humane Society -
I'll run for Emma too!

St. Francis will be cheering you on.

Old October 8th 08, 05:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Karen C in California" wrote .
Dawne Peterson wrote:

Everyone give their favourite critter a little extra love from Emma and
me

Mine has been snuggled up to me for a couple of days in that way that
allows for maximum body contact. I think she may have gotten a message
from your Emma.

My Alice kitty was pretty cuddly last night--she often napped with Emma when
Emma was able to get up into my bed, and usually washed Emma's face
beforehand. I guess I am Plan B.

Dawne

AD - New lampwork from Emma in store and at the 'bay! E J Ralph Beads 8 June 6th 05 09:22 AM
Emma made me do it! Su/Cutworks Beads 9 January 21st 05 04:17 PM
WOW, Emma, those are gorgeous!! Su/Cutworks Beads 8 December 23rd 04 10:22 AM
To: EMMA, inre your 6 x 6 questions Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 0 May 30th 04 03:06 PM
Att'n EMMA, regarding your 'challenge'??? Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 0 May 25th 04 06:56 AM