Great needleworking magazine

Old September 27th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Laury Walkey

Default Great needleworking magazine

I've been picking up two for one issues of Embroidery & Cross Stitch
magazine at a local bookstore and I think I'm in love! The projects are
fantastic and are the type of techniques that I'm dying to learn. I've
been lucky enough to get them as two issues in one package so I'm
catching up on some back issues as well. They retail for $9.95 each or
the two for $13 so the price is great as well.

I'm looking forward to reading these magazines more thoroughly.

Cheers,
--

Laury Walkey (Miss)
BC, Canada

My photos: http://polgara.shutterfly.com/

Who designed this cat? http://polgara.shutterfly.com/214
Old September 28th 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
val189

On Sep 26, 9:33 pm, Laury Walkey wrote:

Who designed this cat?http://polgara.shutterfly.com/214

Hey - that's the cat I sent you about five years ago and have asked
you about a few times. Imagine my surprise. I usually don't look at
links etc. I did it from a chart I found in a magazine - Colonial
Homes, I think it was - a real old issue, like 1990 or thereabouts. I
hated the pearl fibers I was using - and it reminded me too much of a
cat I had who died in 1998. Plus all that gray white and black got
real boring. I hope you finish it or pass it on to someone. I'd like
to know what becomes of it - it's been a wip for about 17 years.
Val
Old September 29th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
kustomkrafts

Laury,

If they are the magazines from Australia. Yes, they are wonderful.
The projects in
these magazines are so beautiful. I too enjoy any forms of
stitching.

I have been thinking about subscribing to them.

Take care,

Dyan
www.kustomkrafts.com

Old October 5th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Laury Walkey

kustomkrafts wrote:
Laury,

If they are the magazines from Australia. Yes, they are wonderful.
The projects in
these magazines are so beautiful. I too enjoy any forms of
stitching.

I have been thinking about subscribing to them.

Take care,

Dyan
www.kustomkrafts.com

I agree and I have also thought about a subscription. The Australian
dollar has a good value with the Canadian dollar so the price is
reasonable. The style of work is very appealing and the magazine is
well written. I enjoy reading the English cross stitching magazines as
they were really chock full of stuff though there aren't as many
projects I would love to do and the price of the magazine is quite high
over here sometimes, as well as the price of buying any of the items
advertised within.

Cheers,

Old October 5th 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 10/5/08 11:09 AM, "Laury Walkey" wrote:

kustomkrafts wrote:
[...]

I've gotten to the point that I rarely buy XS magazines. But, I do have a
subscription to Gift of Stitching - which tends to have projects that appeal
to me. I used to get a lot of the UK XS mags, and Jill Oxton's - but don't
anymore. I will look in the bookstore, but I see so much of kind-of the
same that I don't bother. However... I do love the Australian mag
"Inspirations" and get the issues I want. They have a variety of needlework
projects, and are generally really nice. I look at the Embroidery & XS -
while it's a gorgeous mag, doesn't have enough for me to subscribe.

Ellice

Looking for a magazine Becky A Marketplace 0 May 5th 07 05:05 PM
Magazine hugabunchdc Needlework 2 September 20th 06 03:27 AM
Great sharp scissors for sale at a great price!! marilyn safier Marketplace 0 October 29th 05 03:38 PM
Great Craft Scissors at a great price-in my store now! marilyn safier Marketplace 0 October 10th 05 02:51 PM
New Magazine NoraBalcer Yarn 5 November 4th 03 11:02 PM