OT For Ragmop

Old July 31st 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

Default OT For Ragmop

Hey, Ragmop!

I just got word that this will be our new community shuttle vehicle:
http://www.hybridtechnologies.com/pr...php?sec=1&id=3

They're aiming for a September 15 delivery date. Now all we need is a good
LQS in my neighborhood to take the shuttle to. (And no cracks about how
there might be lots of space if that stupid arena measure gets approved and
they tear down Arco Arena! LOL)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old August 1st 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

Hey, Ragmop!

I just got word that this will be our new community shuttle vehicle:
http://www.hybridtechnologies.com/pr...php?sec=1&id=3

They're aiming for a September 15 delivery date. Now all we need is a good
LQS in my neighborhood to take the shuttle to. (And no cracks about how
there might be lots of space if that stupid arena measure gets approved and
they tear down Arco Arena! LOL)

But think of all the fabric you could fit in that arena ;-)

marcella
Old August 1st 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

Default OT Arena and fabric (was OT For Ragmop)

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message
In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

Hey, Ragmop!

I just got word that this will be our new community shuttle vehicle:
http://www.hybridtechnologies.com/pr...php?sec=1&id=3

They're aiming for a September 15 delivery date. Now all we need is a
good
LQS in my neighborhood to take the shuttle to. (And no cracks about how
there might be lots of space if that stupid arena measure gets approved
and
they tear down Arco Arena! LOL)

But think of all the fabric you could fit in that arena ;-)

Think of all the fabric I could buy with the half billion dollars the city
wants to spend on a new one!

Old August 1st 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Sister Girl!

Kathy, 2 words: Cowboy Stadium.
Beg pardon, I know that was nasty and uncalled for
but so is this idiotic project, giving a football stadium to a Billionaire
who owns a team of Millionaires. Welfare & public charity for the
wealthiest jerks on the sports pages, and the losingest teams.
(We've already been this route, 10 yrs. ago, w/ the baseball park,
where the local losers still can't win games and all those Tourist Dollars
never showed up, nor did they trickle more than a mile or so from the park.)
49th largest city in the U.S. can't do public transit but can build
ball parks for Billionaires.

Meanwhile, that Cruiser is a terrific idea.
They're already set to use them as cabs in NewYorkCity.
http://tinyurl.com/o7jum
It's not that they'll save tons of money on the over-all costs,
it's that they won't be using more oil/gasoline.
Electricity can be produced w/out oil, coal or nukes.

And I've discovered over the past 6 yrs. that a Cruiser can be
programmed to find every lqs in that 150-mile radius expected of
that 320V battery. 4 passengers and room in the back for fabric
and quilts--now we're talkin'.

Ragmop/Sandy--been taxi-ing a Cruiser for 6 yrs ;-D