OT Funny spam text

Old August 22nd 05, 12:25 AM
the black rose

Kathy Applebaum wrote:

Some times the text spammers include to fool the spam filters is sooooo
funny. Here's the latest, with spam portions deleted. Beverage warnings,
etc.

Cows corrupt the geographers. Shoes may be mad scientists. Compulsive
gamblers are reincarnated as stock brokers.

The Texaco managers insist that the electricians dance with reptiles. White
collar criminals are attracted to demons. Is it true that insurance agents
manipulate lovers?

Eskimos will marry the pediatricians. According to Unocal policy, piano
players are often confused with priests. During the debate, did Adm.
Stockdale suddenly blurt out that butchers find new ways to tease athletes?

Hippies surprise boys. Doctors report that hot dog vendors vehemently hate
the dental assistants. Gerbils are more fun than herpetologists.

*snorfle* That reminds me of the song about the tattered billboard.

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old August 22nd 05, 02:47 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"the black rose" wrote in message

*snorfle* That reminds me of the song about the tattered billboard.

And that song would be...?

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old August 22nd 05, 04:07 PM
Michelle in Borden

**The original version of this song was done by Homer & Jethro and was later
released on an album entitled The Worst of Homer & Jethro, a 1957
compilation by RCA Records. **

When I was walking down the street, a billboard caught my eye.
The advertisements written there would make you laugh and cry.
The sign was torn and tattered from the storm the night before,
And as I gazed upon it, well, this is what I saw:

Smoke Coca-Cola cigarettes. Drink Wrigley's Spearmint beer.
Ken-L-Ration dog food makes your wife's complexion clear.
Chew chocolate-covered mothballs-they're sure to satisfy.
Brush your teeth with Lifebuoy soap and watch the suds go by.

When I recovered from the shock, I went along my way.
I'd gone no further than a block, when there to my dismay,
Another billboard caught my eye, just like the one before,
And as I gazed upon it, well, this is what I saw:

Take your next vacation in a brand-new Frigidaire.
Learn to play piano in your winter underwear.
Simonize your baby with a Hershey's candy bar,
And see the difference that Drano makes in all the movie stars!

Doctors say that babies shouldn't smoke 'til they are three.
People over 35, take baths in Lipton Tea.
Oh, you can make America a better place today-
Just buy a copy of this song and throw it far away!

HTH! We used to sing this song at camp around the campfire...
Michelle

Old August 22nd 05, 04:28 PM
Phyllis Nilsson

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels bad about mass killing of bugs.
We had an ant colony by the steps to our back door. When they started
coming into the house I went outside to see where there entry was and
found hundreds swarming around the steps getting ready to make their
entry. A quick spray of about 5 seconds took care of them, but they are
social "animals" and I really felt bad to have wiped out the whole colony.

the black rose wrote:

When we were living in WV, we had honey bees in the wall -- youngest DS
took 6 stings when they got into the house but luckily didn't become
allergic -- and another time we had yellow jackets -- I took a full hit
in the top of my left foot YOW. We couldn't call fast enough to get rid
of the yellow jackets, but it just killed us to have to exterminate the
bees. We tried to capture the colony but failed. This was in the
middle of that mite plague that was making a big dent in the honey bee
population and this was a healthy colony. It was such a shame.

Old August 22nd 05, 07:41 PM
KJ

Wow! That dusted off some old inert brain cells! My parents had a Homer
and Jethro record we almost wore out!

Old August 22nd 05, 10:29 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Also on that record album:

She had 9 buttons on her nightgown,
but she could only fasten 8! (fascinate)

and

Don't let the stars get in your eyeballs

and The Battle of (Camp) Kookamonga.

Yeah, my parents were Homer&Jethro fans, too;
scary, ain't it? VBG

Ragmop/Sandy--quilting in the a/c,
watching the school buses bring the kids home

Old August 23rd 05, 12:16 AM
Kathy Applebaum

I just checked on my iPod -- the only Homer & Jethro song MSM had was "I'm
My Own Grandpaw". I guess her taste ran more to Alan Sherman and Stan
Freberg.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps
http://www.kayneyquilting.com ,
remove the obvious to reply

.. .

Old August 23rd 05, 12:23 AM
Georg

Michelle in Borden wrote:
**The original version of this song was done by Homer & Jethro and was later
released on an album entitled The Worst of Homer & Jethro, a 1957
compilation by RCA Records. **

I learned by word of mouth from someone who learned that way so the
words are different. Girl Scout camp was good like that. So was Boy
Scout camp, too, come to think of it.

When I was walking down the street, a billboard caught my eye.
The advertisements written there would make you laugh and cry.
The sign was torn and tattered from the storm the night before,
And as I gazed upon it, well, this is what I saw:

One night as I was walking down the street,
Some dark and dreary day,
I came upon a billboard, and much to my dismay
The wind and rain had done its work and this is what it said:

Smoke Coca-Cola cigarettes. Drink Wrigley's Spearmint beer.
Ken-L-Ration dog food makes your wife's complexion clear.
Simonize your baby with a Hershey's candy bar
And Texaco's the beauty cream that's used by every star.

So, take your next vacation in a brand-new Frigidaire.
Learn to play the organ in your winter underwear.
Doctors say that babies should smoke before they're 3, and
people over 65 should bathe in Lipton Tea...
with a flow through tea-bag....

Thanks for the rest of the words and the citation! I appreciate it. We
used to sing our version in one breath per verse whenever possible.

-georg

[...]

. ..

Old August 23rd 05, 01:01 AM
KJ

And don't forget "My Rose of San Anton"
"She was pickin cotton in Old Mexico,
and pluckin chickens to make some dough"
hummm hummmm hummm
"then that cotton pickin chicken plucker had to go"

.. .