Soft Touch wire ?

Old March 18th 04, 06:51 PM
Valerie2

Default Soft Touch wire ?

I bought some Soft Touch wire to use on my pearls and it's very fine
(.010 diameter). My question is, can I crimp on it, or is it too fine
to crimp on? I usually use the Soft Flex and use that to crimp, but
since I'm using pearls and crystals, I thought the Soft Touch would be good.

Valerie

Old March 18th 04, 07:40 PM
Mj

Yes, you can crimp it, but you should use the smaller of the two sizes of
crimping pliers. OR just smoosh (technical term) the crimps tight with a
pair of flat pliers. I would recommend the small crimpers though.

Mj
--
=================================
Marjean Cline - Certified Bead Enabler

ink.net...

Old March 18th 04, 07:47 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

If you crimp it, use 1x1 crimp tubes with the micro-crimp pliers.

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: penguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com

ink.net...

Old March 18th 04, 08:07 PM
ally

In article . net,
Valerie2 writes
I bought some Soft Touch wire to use on my pearls and it's very fine
(.010 diameter). My question is, can I crimp on it, or is it too fine
to crimp on? I usually use the Soft Flex and use that to crimp, but
since I'm using pearls and crystals, I thought the Soft Touch would be good.

Valerie

Yes you can crimp on that just fine, I use that all the time in my
jewellery. Most of my stuff uses 4 or 6mm beads, but occassionally I
use bigger, and then I double it, but I havent had any problems so far.
:-)
--
ally
website: www.alcom.demon.co.uk
Old March 18th 04, 08:07 PM
Valerie2

Thanks. I tried using the regular crimps and crimping pliers, but the
wire pulled right out. I might try using a clam shell and smooshing the
crimp closed. I did knot the one end with a clam shell, so might try
the other technique on the other side.

Valerie

Old March 18th 04, 11:07 PM
Valerie2

I decided to use Griffin so I could practice my knotting inside clam
shells...and needless to say, I'm getting *very good* at *removing*
knots!! *L*

Valerie

ally wrote:
In article . net,
Valerie2 writes

Old March 19th 04, 04:10 AM
Valerie2

I didn't use crimp beads with the Griffin, I just used knots inside the
clam shells. When I took the knotting class, the Griffin is what we
used for the knotting. I couldn't get the crimps I have to crimp on the
Soft Touch without it pulling out of the crimp.

Valerie

Lee S. Billings wrote:
In article . net,
says...

I decided to use Griffin so I could practice my knotting inside clam
shells...and needless to say, I'm getting *very good* at *removing*
knots!! *L*

FWIW, I've found Griffin to be entirely inferior to Beadalon for actual
crimping purposes. It just... pulls out. I can't speak to its suitability for
knotting. You might try getting some *tiny* seed beads (smaller than 11/0) and
tying one of them into the knot, then pushing the whole assembly into the bead
tip with an awl or similar tool as you tighten.

Celine

Old March 19th 04, 10:26 AM
Kandice Seeber

Yes - I use the 1mm tube crimps. Sterling silver holds up the best.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Beading wire help! Valerie Beads 21 January 5th 04 08:46 PM
Wire question Regina Beads 2 November 23rd 03 08:53 PM
AD: Softflex- Soft Touch Sale ACCENTBEAD Beads 0 November 3rd 03 08:54 PM
Wire Wrapping instead of jumprings...funny tools April H. Beads 13 September 12th 03 06:14 PM
I need beads! Rant and ? about wire mkahogan Beads 6 July 23rd 03 02:06 AM